Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Pwcc high end

Check out the back centering on this psa 9 "high end" molitor rookie. The front looks great, but that back centering is just horrible. I have both purchased and consigned with Brent and think he is a good guy, but I think the employees "certifying" these cards high end either need to slow down or be better trained.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-T...280:g:kYUAAOSwGIRXca1i[/L]

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: craig44

Check out the back centering on this psa 9 "high end" monitor rookie. The front looks great, but that back centering is just horrible. I have both purchased and consigned with Brent and think he is a good guy, but I think the employees "certifying" these cards high end either need to slow down or be better trained.

Craig, you got my hopes up and dashed them all at the same time. I clicked on the link hoping to see the very first monitor that was ever created, or at the very least a Commodore VIC-20.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mikelowell25

Check out the back centering on this psa 9 "high end" monitor rookie. The front looks great, but that back centering is just horrible. I have both purchased and consigned with Brent and think he is a good guy, but I think the employees "certifying" these cards high end either need to slow down or be better trained.

Craig, you got my hopes up and dashed them all at the same time. I clicked on the link hoping to see the very first monitor that was ever created, or at the very least a Commodore VIC-20.

Ladies and gentlemen, don't forget to tip your waiter and please try the veal..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Originally posted by: grote15

Give it up for the best MC ever Tim aka Grote15!!

Originally posted by: grote15

Give it up for the best MC ever Tim aka Grote15!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    There's a 1956 Mantle PSA 8.5 PWCC-HE with what looks like a stain on the back. I thought the HE designation was compared to other examples out there....I think KendalKat's looks nicer, IMO.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly autocorrect. I fixed it. I wish I did have a real monitor rookie. I am not sure if psa is holdering those yet, I may be forced to get a raw one.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5
    There's a 1956 Mantle PSA 8.5 PWCC-HE with what looks like a stain on the back. I thought the HE designation was compared to other examples out there....I think KendalKat's looks nicer, IMO.

Here is my understanding/interpretation of PWCC high end certification. For a given grade...the PWCC high end certification card has eye appeal exceeding the technical grade assigned by a third party grading company. It does not mean/guarantee that if submitted for review...the technical grade would change.

It might be that Kendall Cat's '56 Mantle PSA-8.5 looks better than this copy...since not all 8.5s are equal.

mint_only_pls
    I would think the reverse centering on that Molitor RC would preclude any consideration of a certified high end sticker. I know most collectors focus on the front of a card but a card does have two sides, after all.

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    It is an opinion. One. That is all.

Silly autocorrect. I fixed it. I wish I did have a real monitor rookie. I am not sure if psa is holdering those yet, I may be forced to get a raw one.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree w/ OP; High end compared to what? Take a look at other 9's of the same card, and ask which ones look better vs. worse