Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1st eBay no pay!

What was the winning bidders username and real name? Also, it's only been 4 days, no reason to get excited yet.
Nate

BST References:

DanBessette, lwehlers, Lee17, 07diedrt

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Was under bidder close? Send the no pay final 3 day closeout and then offer to 2nd in line or relist. It is pretty common for this to sell 175ish anyway so you shouldn't lose much.
  • Options
    Lol. 4 days. Cue up Boomer and the crew....."c'mon, man!"
  • Options
    Haven't had one go unpaid. Never even a response. I know when I buy something I pay instantly. Just annoyed me that's all. And I did open a case. The next highest bid was $189, I tried the second chance and they didn't take it.

EDIT: He just responded for the first time.... And his response...

"Lol"
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    He's laughing because you're being pushy. Wait a week min. before your first nagging contact.
  • Options
    Ok gotcha. Thank you
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I generally email after about 4-5 days to confirm they are still interested in the purchase. Would probably file a non paying bidder after 7-8 if no response.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I think the "lol" is another way of saying "ha ha, I ain't paying."

Ebay allows you to open a case after just 2 days. From my experience, anyone that doesn't pay within 3 days is unlikely to ever pay.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    How long do allow for someone to pay?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people don't pay instantly or at the latest the next day. Unless an auction ends late after I go to bed, I am paying right then. I'd give them three days and I am filing non paying bidder. Unacceptable

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    Proxy bids and vacation maybe? I once got a non paying case opened on me after one day. Doing that to somebody with 100% feedback is ridiculous. Actually caused me to stop buying from that seller altogether.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    If I dont have the funds, REALLY want the card but have a payday coming up within a week or two, Ill email the seller beforehand and see if he's willing to wait.
  • Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I find the more engrossed I get with cards and EBay the more expect fast responses and payments and I wasn't always like that. Sometimes it pays literally just to be a little patient. I had a couple of buyers that took 10 days or so recently and i was super annoyed, but I kept telling myself people have lives, vacations, get busy with work. They eventually paid after a couple pleasant reminders. Not everyone is on EBay 24/7. I think if you get agressive too early you are less likely to get paid.
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    I get that, I do. I guess since I always make immediate payments I just expect more. Especially when his only bid was the winning bid in the last 5 seconds of the auction. And its 2016, everyone has their phones with notifications these days.

I'm over I just vented the other day! I like all of the different responses this got though.
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Haven't had one in a while but I got the non payer's phone number from eBay and called him and acted like I was his best friend. When he agreed he was the high bidder I chatted him up to pay for the item and he did. Had fun with that one.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: n8miller00
    I get that, I do. I guess since I always make immediate payments I just expect more. Especially when his only bid was the winning bid in the last 5 seconds of the auction. And its 2016, everyone has their phones with notifications these days.

I've set plenty of snipes before going camping and being away from cell service for several days. I was also on vacation for the past week and with only the phone app you can't pay for a combined/multiple item invoice.

I've had plenty of slow pays before that ended up completing the transaction, I send an invoice as a reminder after 3-4 days and don't open up a case until at least 7. Most times they're waiting on a payday to complete and don't bother to communicate it.