Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Review bumps...

Has anyone had a review bump of more than 1/2 point since PSA went to the 1/2 point grading scale?
mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a whirlwind with PSA giving me a ***** grade to what I considered a bump twice. They finally got it "right". I only say "right" because I have seen worse 10s or straight 9s with more snow than mine...

1980 Topps Magic/Bird/Julius PSA 6 to PSA 8PD to PSA 9PD over 3 submissions.

PSA 9PD is $400-600 more than a PSA 6. The PSA 6 was a ridiculous grade...

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't the straight 6 and 8(PD) grades basically the same? One is just a NQ version of the other.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PaulMaul
    Aren't the straight 6 and 8(PD) grades basically the same? One is just a NQ version of the other.

Yep. I request no qualifiers so I would get the 6.
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have. The last one I did, a 1965 Unitas went from an 8 to a 9. The 9 is correct, not overgraded in my opinion.

I had several griffey's go from a 9 to 10. 1988 star nova's.
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are. A 9PD is also the equivalent of a straight 7.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I had a high profile psa 8 bump to a 9, then re-bump to a 10

shoulda been a 10 all along.
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Originally posted by: grote15

Yes, they are. A 9PD is also the equivalent of a straight 7.

Although they are virtually the "same" in normal cases, I never said no qualifiers so I was actually upset that my perfect corner and centering card would get a 6 anything. It was purely a false grade on PSA's part. I actually get disgusted with PSA when they don't give me a PSA 9 OC and give me some other grade mainly with RC cards. I know I am submitting an off center card and sometimes a PSA 7 is worthless or a lot less than the OC version.

Value of a PSA 6 or 7 is less than the PSA 9st (last 2 sold for 900 and 550+) which a 7 cannot achieve so not in every case does it equate exact except registry filling.

I would much rather have my PSA 9st than a 7 at this point because I think I have a shot at a straight 8 if requested since my snow is just a dusting on the dark area and not black on the white area, but I think I have had enough grade moves on this one card. lol
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    This has straight 8 potential. I have 8s with more snow from late 70s/early 80s.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06