Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

WTB Library of Coins Type albums

I'm looking for the whole set (volumes 33-35? - not sure if 35 exists). No tears stains etc, but an aged look is appreciated as long as it isn't falling apart or about to. I may be interested in partial depending on price and condition.

PM me pictures and prices.

Comments

• Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These guys have a 34, maybe a 33 (says call)

www.chiefcoinandsupply.com

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet, thanks Sandman. Do you know if 35 exists? Or if LOC ever made a gold type album?
  • Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if a 35 was made, I have a merc dime set in a mint one of these. really like em- they look so vintage

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I like the look of the LOC albums and was working on the type set (#33 and 34), I decided after about 2 or 3 years into the process that I hated the albums.

The coin ports are apparently cut to the nearest centimeter, there is a lot of room to play for every coin I ever put into either albums (tried two different sets, same issue).

This causes great concern (to me at least) as the coins tend to spin in the ports, I was worried about scratches and so forth.

I'd recommend the good old standby Dansco 7070 if you can find one. It doesn't have the 18th century covered and doesn't have as many variants of each coin, but it's a nice set, there is the additional gold page and it's much safer for the coins. Just my humble $0.02 worth.

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LanLord

While I like the look of the LOC albums and was working on the type set (#33 and 34), I decided after about 2 or 3 years into the process that I hated the albums.

The coin ports are apparently cut to the nearest centimeter, there is a lot of room to play for every coin I ever put into either albums (tried two different sets, same issue).

This causes great concern (to me at least) as the coins tend to spin in the ports, I was worried about scratches and so forth.

I'd recommend the good old standby Dansco 7070 if you can find one. It doesn't have the 18th century covered and doesn't have as many variants of each coin, but it's a nice set, there is the additional gold page and it's much safer for the coins. Just my humble $0.02 worth.

For those LOC albums where the coin isn't a snug fit in the slot, the only solution I've ever found are the range of plastic ring gasket diameters and thickness made by the German supply company Leuchturm (aka Lighthouse).

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• stealerstealer Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lanlord,

Thanks, I appreciate that feedback.

I guess I wouldn't mind stuffing the edges of the gaps with paper.
  • DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking at both #33 and #34 . . . they seem to be complete for Type purposes.

The back page of the LOC lists #35 as :

" 19th Century Collections
    (Above holds complete Sets of 2 Cents, 3 Cents Nickel, 3 Cents Silver, Shield Nickels, and 20 Cent pieces) "

They ARE out there . . . I would imagine the 'Bay' might have some options, but if you can't find anything at all . . . send a PM.

Drunner