Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Tim Kyzivat??

I've noticed that Tim Kyzivat's website has not been updated since January and there are never any new additions. What is going on with him? Is he getting out of the business? Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    He had a table at Memphis this month. As for his website I noticed no updates in a long time. He's never had anything of interest to me on there anyway.
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, Tim was just sharing a table with Jim Simek and Dennis Forgue at the Memphis show. He is heading towards retirement and is slowly getting out of the business. While he will still be attending an occasional show, he will be much less active.

I will certainly miss his participation on the show circuit. We have conducted quite a bit of business over the past 20-plus years (both buying and selling). I have also retained him as a rep at numerous auctions and he helped steer me away from a few items housed in a certain "off-brand" holder with the simple comment "You don't want this note" even though that meant no 5% commission for him.

Here's one of the neatest notes he found for me "out in the weeds" a few years ago:

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Excellent red seal!
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larry510

Excellent red seal!

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    He had a great (albeit, low grade) rare small sized Presque Isle, Me note sometime back. Should've picked it up. Would've, could've, should've.
    Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    I also noticed that his site hadn't been updated for a while and wondered what was going on. Appreciate the update.

FWIW, I also got a nifty STL #1 RS from TK some time ago but not as nice as your Copper Bank...

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!