Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

SOLD: 1486/1953 Austria Guldiner Restrike

I am selling off this duplicate of a cool restrike minted in 1953 in Austria and replicating the original 1486 Guldiner design. Many of these have acquired nice toning over the years, while others have been dipped to blast white before being slabbed. This one has some lovely toned surfaces in my opinion. NGC has graded 22 of these, with 9 being graded MS67 and none graded higher.

I'm asking *** SOLD ***

For price comparisons, there are currently 3 NGC graded examples listed on eBay for prices from $229 (MS66) and two MS67 examples priced at $329 and $359. CNG recently sold an ungraded example for $650 (not including BP), which in my opinion is an anomaly outlier sale.

Send me a PM if interested or if you have questions.

Thanks for looking, Brandon

======================================

1486/1953 Austria Guldiner Restrike, NGC MS67 (KM-XM28):

Obverse: Crowned Arch duke Sigismund of Tyrol standing facing with sword and sceptre, lion with shield at left, helmet at right .

Obverse Legend: SIGISMVNDVS ARCHDVX AVSTRIE (Sigismund, Archduke of Austria).

Reverse: Knight with banner on horseback right surrounded by shields.

Diameter: 40.1 mm (90% Silver)

My photos of the coin:

NGC obverse slab photo:

-Brandon
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Comments