Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1980 Magic Johnson or Larry bird cards

Anyone have any of these, in particular, the regular cards of magic and Larry (but not together on the same card)? Let me know.
Work hard and you will succeed!!

Comments

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the regular ones just like the bird dr j magic card.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    80-81 topps basketball was only issued in the 3 card strips. Are you talking about the 81-82 cards.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I have a PSA 8 of one with just Bird and two other players..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have a few. Is there a particular grade you are looking for?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Originally posted by: gregmo32
    I have a few. Is there a particular grade you are looking for?

Yes psa 9 or psa 10.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mknez
    80-81 topps basketball was only issued in the 3 card strips. Are you talking about the 81-82 cards.

There are 4 or 5 different bird cards in the 1980 set. Scoring leader, rebound leader, regular card and probably one more. Magic has two the all-star and the regular.

The regular bird and magic appear together with Dr. j. They also appear on another card for each Bird, Cartwright, and another dude. Magic appears with two other players.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Several years ago I set a goal of acquiring all of the '80 Topps cards that feature Bird and Magic in PSA 9. It was a fun pursuit. Took maybe a year or so. Last I checked, all of them (minus the biggie) are still pretty reasonable in 9's.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    Anyone out there have any, ungraded or graded psa 9 or psa 10?
  • Options
    LArry bird without magic psa 9 or 10

Magic without Larry psa 9 or 10?
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have a PSA 10 1980 Topps Magic/Boone/Long that I would consider letting go for $325, net to me.

gregmo32@aol.com is the best way to reach me.

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Originally posted by: gregmo32
    I have a PSA 10 1980 Topps Magic/Boone/Long that I would consider letting go for $325, net to me.

gregmo32@aol.com is the best way to reach me.

Gregmo,

Thanks for the offer. But i'm not looking for that magic. I am looking for the regular Bird and Magic cards. The ones that appear on the Bird Erving Magic card, but the Bird is by himself and the Magic only has Erving no bird.

• Options
    I know someone on this board has several of these, come on.