Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pricing Info - Baseball

What would you consider a fair price to offer for a 75 Topps and 75 Topps Mini complete set in NM condition.

The Brett in both is more along the EX-MT range. Would you offer more for the mini compared to the regular?

Are the tough cards in the mini set equally as tough in the regular?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would value a NM 75 mini set in the $400 range. Not as familiar with value for regular-sized 75 sets. There are a number of very tough 75 minis that are not as tough in the regular 75 set, though many are tough in both sets, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting Tim, for some reason I thought the value would be higher. Would you rank a NM '75 mini set behind a NM '71 set and maybe the '72 as far as all the 70's sets in value? Thanks. Doug
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Piggs

Interesting Tim, for some reason I thought the value would be higher. Would you rank a NM '75 mini set behind a NM '71 set and maybe the '72 as far as all the 70's sets in value? Thanks. Doug

The mini set is a unique one in that value can be exponentially greater based on the grade~a single low pop 2 PSA 10 common will often command $500+ on its own, but for a strictly NM set I would stick with the $400-$450 range. A true NM-MT set would be much higher in value, as there are many tough minis in PSA 8 grade~I would say a raw NM-MT set would command at least $800 or more, depending on condition of the key cards. I'm not familiar with value of 71 or 72 raw sets, but I would imagine that a 71 set in comparable grade would be worth more than the 75 mini set. That may be the only other set from the 1970s in that category.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15......I would imagine that a 71 set in comparable grade would be worth more than the 75 mini set. That may be the only other set from the 1970s in that category.

Yes to 71, and 72 as well mostly because of their desirable (and pricey) high series cards.