Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

2016 Coin and Currency Set - Binary 7 of a Kind $1 Note

So I got my 5 sets of these and was rewarded with a very special note inside...

Mine is not a star note, yet it is part of a Mint Set with a Coin. Its also called a 7 of Kind Bill...Closest I can see is a 1981 est. $250. I think I am sure I hit one from the mint..

The website is pretty cool, check it out.....then check your paper money!!!

Serial Number A 00010000 *

1969B $1 Federal Reserve Note

Condition: PCGS 63

Price: $750

7 OF A KIND - STAR

Serial Number G 00010000 C

1981A $1 Federal Reserve Note

Condition: PCGS 62 PPQ

Price: $250

7 OF A KIND

Very nice Website here....actually found some real information on these.

Cool Serials ** Bank Note Site **

The question I have of the experts, is this what I think it is and should I slab it or keep in the Mint Set as is?

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”

Comments

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    That serial 00010000 you got is an extraordinary note. Very tough number to find. Congratulations. If you are looking to sell there will certainly be some buyers for it. The notes and website you linked above belongs to a forum member and he should be along to comment as well.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Great note. What were the other four serials?
  • Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭
    9998A, 9997A, 10002A, 10005,

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options
    Too bad you didn't get the 00009999 note; these rollovers are cool. The 00010002 is considered by some to be a ladder; that's worth a premium (although much less than the 00010000) as well.
  • Options
    A ladder note? Hmm.......never heard of that one. Looks like the Mint was good to me. I might just start collecting bills now and this would be a good start. I am wondering if the Coin is MS70, then that set becomes unique in a way. I am not sure I would want to separate them. I looked back and some of these special 'sets' from the mint come with Star Notes and they bring some of a premium, like maybe 10-20%, but these binary notes are indeed more rare than that. Indeed, the link above is the only other note I have seen like it.

• Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Nice note
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I am glad someone won in the BEP lottery. Congrats! image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    In addition to Dave Undis (Cool Serial Numbers), whose website you've found, Dan Wishnatsky specializes in fancy serial numbers and has an interest in these BEP product releases. You can find his website Currency America here.

(I bought and sold from Dave and Dan...they're both extremely reputable.)
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Great note - congrats - image
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Ethan
    A ladder note? Hmm.......never heard of that one. Looks like the Mint was good to me. I might just start collecting bills now and this would be a good start. I am wondering if the Coin is MS70, then that set becomes unique in a way. I am not sure I would want to separate them. I looked back and some of these special 'sets' from the mint come with Star Notes and they bring some of a premium, like maybe 10-20%, but these binary notes are indeed more rare than that. Indeed, the link above is the only other note I have seen like it.

Not a good start - It's a awesome start - imageimage

• Options
    I am checking the site out now....cool....notice he has 'sets' like the Coin and Currency set with fancy bills....interesting.

• Options
    I am checking the site out now....cool....notice he has 'sets' like the Coin and Currency set with fancy bills....interesting.

• Options
    Awesome Pictures......w/coins.

Here is the ladder note, I do not think it is much as the numbers are not together right?

• Options
    Awesome Pictures......w/coins.

Here is the ladder note, I do not think it is much as the numbers are not together right?

Thanksimage

I like this ladder note - nice number - 0001-0002 - awesome image Your lottery day image

• Options
    Originally posted by: Jim61

I am glad someone won in the BEP lottery. Congrats! image

I just read this again and noticed the BEP Lottery.....that's funny!

• Options
    Originally posted by: CMCARTI like this ladder note - nice number - 0001-0002 - awesome image Your lottery day image

You know, I just noticed that, the Hex like setup,

0001 0002, when you said ladder I thought like 1,2,3 etc and thought the 1 and 2 had to be together.

Like so..

I wonder as I am much more likely to sell this one than the other as it intrigues me. The best time is while the 'sets' are new as the value would surely drop once the hype is over I would think.

Any idea what the ladder set would go for? Half the other? 1/3?

Thoughts?

*** Plus the coin in this one looks like it could get a 70 grade, the other not so much ****

• Options
    Originally posted by: CMCARTI like this ladder note - nice number - 0001-0002 - awesome image Your lottery day image

You know, I just noticed that, the Hex like setup,

0001 0002, when you said ladder I thought like 1,2,3 etc and thought the 1 and 2 had to be together.

Like so..

I wonder as I am much more likely to sell this one than the other as it intrigues me. The best time is while the 'sets' are new as the value would surely drop once the hype is over I would think.

Any idea what the ladder set would go for? Half the other? 1/3?

Thoughts?

*** Plus the coin in this one looks like it could get a 70 grade, the other not so much ****

link:image

Text

• Options
    Nice indeed, I would have never known to look.........Its been a good two days!

• Options
    From U.S. Coin Forum:The numbers are not something image

Originally posted by: Booger9989
    The Mint is a JOKE.
    Here are the serial#s I got

00012412 -> MISSING

Take a close look at what is MISSING! So are the employees who ship the coins sorting the #s or is the mint pulling anything that may be worth more then the buck put into the sets? Why else would all the sets be in order but missing the one good one?

All the coins look great BUT due to the fact the mint is playing games they are all going back!
    Rant over

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I don't consider the 00010002 note to be a ladder. It's just a fancy serial #. The 00010000 note is a beast. I've read that even 10,000 serials (ie 10000, 20000, 30000, etc) haven't been released very much since 1988. Can anyone else confirm that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: CMCARTFrom U.S. Coin Forum:The numbers are not something image

I am lost? No what?

I see nothing special about the missing one but the OP does. I just can nnot see it.

• Options
    Ethan, you're right. There was nothing special about the missing number (00012412) in that sequence.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Tough number. Great snag
  • Options
    Great note... congrats. Always nice to see that someone won the BEP lottery.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options

I know it has been a while on this. I have been busy for many months now and have not really looked at the market. I am getting back in somewhat and I remembered this note.

Reading back through this, I think this is something I need to think about. I am a coin guy so notes are not that big a deal with me. If I was to trade this, (the 2016 set of course), what could I consider its approximate value or thereabouts. I am thinking it would be a special trade, not an eBay sale. I am not sure I would part with it but I would consider it I guess. My kids will have no interest so when I am gone it will go by the wayside unless I can mark it special somehow.

Should I get it in a 'slab'? Maybe then it would be recognized as special or something.

I really have no idea and seem to remember $200 bucks or so but reading back through this maybe it is even more rare than that. Another issue is I am thinking this is the biggest WIN for me from the Mint.

I hate to bring back old threads but a new one would not have been appropriate either. It took me forever to find this, mainly because I thought it was a 2014..... My memory is not the best.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool note. I’ve seen it now on three of the four forums I frequent, and have addressed the grading question on the Coin Talk forum.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

I like it & would probably get it graded (if I owned it) since it looks UNC to me. It will cost you though- so might want to check out how much and take it from there.

• Options

Thanks, and yes it is in three spots. I wanted to get some answers I guess and visibility is everything.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice note!