Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Just scored a 4th piece of world class numismatic history.

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 6, 2020 10:40AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum
I couldn't pass it up for only $70.95 delivered.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CA5MAN

What's the significance for those of us that are unfamiliar with the roses?

+1

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is from the Dan Close/Nick Cascio Roosevelt dime set and too me it means a lot. That's all, no biggy.

Later, Paul.
  • KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Nice score! Great coin with the pedigree. It looks real lustrous
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul,

there are less than 6 slabs left with that pedigree. I have one in my current set.
    Originally posted by: onlyroosies
    Paul,

there are less than 6 slabs left with that pedigree. I have one in my current set.

What happened to them. I know they were on Heritage, but who has been cracking them?

Later, Paul.
    Not that many have been on heritage. I would say at least 50% were moved across the street and placed in the Arthur Gowman collection. Most of those have come back in higher graded PC holders. I ended up with about 8 of Dan's PC dimes that were not crossed and left in the original PC holders. I sold 2, upgraded all the others without the pedigree. The only one I have with the CLOSE/CASCIO pedigree is my 49P 67+FB. I don't think you could find 6 with the pedigree.
    Originally posted by: onlyroosies
    The only one I have with the CLOSE/CASCIO pedigree is my 49P 67+FB. I don't think you could find 6 with the pedigree.

Your 1951-D MS68FB has the trueview from that set, so is this coin still in the original slab, or did you remove the pedigree? image

Later, Paul.
    I sent the 51D back to PCGS for regrade and the pedigree was removed. same with the 50D, 55P, 57P, 48P, 55S, 61P, 60P. I do remember now that 5 or 6 were sold to Dr. Brown with the pedigree.
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stooge

It is from the Dan Close/Nick Cascio Roosevelt dime set and too me it means a lot. That's all, no biggy.

It would mean something to me too Paul. And for a 67FB you did good. This is more in my world than say a "Pouge" pedigree!image

• remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    I have the CLOSE/CASCIO pedigreed 1957-D MS67FB in my wife's birth year mint set, & was tickled to get it! You can click on the "text" link to see the set, then there is a truview there you can click on to see the dime.

Text
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
    Originally posted by: remumc
    I have the CLOSE/CASCIO pedigreed 1957-D MS67FB in my wife's birth year mint set, & was tickled to get it! You can click on the "text" link to see the set, then there is a truview there you can click on to see the dime.

Text

Bad link.
  • remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    OK, sorry, we'll have to do it the hard way. I obviously don't know how to do the link thing.

Go to Mint sets, then go to 1957 mint sets. It's Vanessa's birth year set by remumc. I think it's #5 all time finest, #3 current.
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
    edited March 21, 2019 1:27PM

I now have 2 of 48 dimes from the Close/Cascio set of fine MS67FB Roosevelt Dimes.
    Here is my latest acquisition!

Later, Paul.
    edited April 11, 2018 11:20AM

@AllCoinsRule said:
    Don't forget to check out the Close/Cascio 46-p this week at GC! The starting bid is well less than what I paid Nick for it (actually I don't remember putting such a low start on it but I guess I did). I was very happy with it but just happened to get that incredible 67+fb.

The Close/Cascio 49-s could be pried from my collection for the right offer.

Thanks for the heads up on the '46-P. Are you saying that this is your auction?
    I'll give that '49-S a look.
    Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your find :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

I love Jaime's 46P. I'll be bidding. if there's one coin I would want to get back for memories it would be this one.

@onlyroosies said:
    I love Jaime's 46P. I'll be bidding. if there's one coin I would want to get back for memories it would be this one.

So ur going to bid on this after Jaime and I mentioned it?

Later, Paul.

Jamie alerted me to his auctions a while back.

Paul was that your bid I just upped B)

@onlyroosies said:
    Paul was that your bid I just upped B)

It was Nick. Jaime alerted me to this coin and I didn't know you wanted it.
    I'm not searching high and low for these, but thought it would be nice to collect them as they show on the market.
    I won't be bidding again, but if you sell it later, let me know.
    There is the 1953-S on eBay, but the dude wanted $980 for it initially, but is now down to $850 I believe. Too much!

Later, Paul.

Paul, No guarantee I'm going to win the coin. Bid away

I did not win the close/cascio 46P from GC tonight. Paul did you win it?

@onlyroosies said:
    I did not win the close/cascio 46P from GC tonight. Paul did you win it?

I did not. I won the 1947 PCGS MS66+FB. Once you bid, I let it go.

Later, Paul.

Paul, You could of had a 3rd

@AllCoinsRule said:
    You guys are ridiculous! (I mean that in a friendly way!). Oh well. Overall I'm extremely happy with my results at GC.

Hey butterbrain, tell me what you got next time. I would've bought that coin along with the 2 other Mercs you sold me. Once Nick said he wanted it, and he outbid me, I wasn't about to get into a bidding war, + I had an inkling that it would get bumped up. I thought about asking you to pull the auction, but that isn't me.

Later, Paul.

@onlyroosies said:
    Paul, You could of had a 3rd

I know. I'll track some more down at a later time. No rush. Thinking of asking Dr. Brown for a trade or something. >:)

Later, Paul.

@AllCoinsRule said:
    I know, sorry Stooge. (that I didn't remember that the pedigree was still on the holder even though Nick had sent it for regrade). I would have not asked GC to stop the auction as that wouldn't have been fair to them. I just really hope we don't see it in the future graded higher (as with the other coins I sold too).

Haha, the next time I see that coin for auction, It'll BE MINE!

Later, Paul.

Paul - I just realized that I have several Dimes from Jamies World Class Roosies set. I don't think any of them are the Ped. that you are seeking.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019 1:52AM

This is awesome @Stooge!

Love the coins and the vintage TrueViews!

Thanks for sharing!

I love that coin Paul. You scored

@onlyroosies said:
    I love that coin Paul. You scored

Thanks Nick. Yours and Dan's set was the first to have all 67FB's or higher and for me is the pinnicle of Roosie set collecting. Rest assured these 3 and future ones will never be reslabbed, nor leave my collection.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
    edited August 6, 2020 10:50AM

Well its been a while since I added to the herd of Close/Cascio pedigreed world class Roosies, so with "Hats-n-Horns" I give you the 1953-S MS67FB in its original holder. Enjoy!

Later, Paul.
  • labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go Paul!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Congrats Paul. I really like the 53S. The coin looks way better in hand than the pic shows. For some reason this coin never photo'd well.

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, congrats, Paul! B)

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:
    Paul,

Just curious, but is this based upon personal knowledge, or is this somehow available from PCGS. It would be interesting to know the number of some other pedigreed coins.

I brake for ear bars.