Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Looking to trade my way towards the completion of a circulation-quality Jefferson Nickel album

Hi! I'm currently working to complete an album of pulled-from-circulation Jefferson Nickels.

However, I live on the East Coast. As such, a few date/mintmark combinations continue to elude me. I've reached the point where I'm honestly growing rather tired of sorting through rolls upon rolls of nickels with continuously dropping yields, or rolls where specific date/ mintmark combinations are exclusively represented.

Is there anyone here who lives in the area serviced by the Denver and/or San Francisco mints, and is currently engaged with a similar project?

If so, I had hoped to find someone who might be willing to swap their S- or D-mint coins for my equivalent P-mint ones. Or, I have many dozens of other extra pre-1960 nickels that I can offer up in trade as well, with a variety of mintmarks. These span the years 1939-1942, and then 1946-1959. As they are quite difficult to find in my area, I would prefer to keep my few war nickels for the time being.

The way I initially envisioned this was to have both parties simply pay the initial cost of their nickels, plus postage to the opposite party.

Not counting the five key/ pseudo-key dates, I just need 4 more nickels to tentatively complete the from-circulation portion of my set:

1946-S
1949-S
1951-D
1952-S

I am, of course, willing to purchase the 1938-D, 1938-S, 1939-D, 1939-S, and 1950-D coins on my own, as I realize these are worth considerably more than face value (relatively speaking).

If anyone might be interested in this, please feel free to contact via PM, and we can discuss things further.

Thank you for your time.

Comments