Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Consignment options?

Although I've had several successful transactions with Shane, the recent chatter about his woes has me searching for alternative consignment options. Does anyone have recommendations? I'm not looking for a long-term listing such as Collector's Corner etc, but more of an auction type scenario.

I hope Shane comes out of his current predicament....
What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you have to sell, etc....

Starting points, from these boards, would be:

Russ, Airplanenut, MrD

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Great Collections may be a good option. They dont do raw but are great for slabbed material.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreatCollections will screen raw coins for encapsulation through PCGS (which is within a stones throw of their facility) and follow-on consideration with CAC.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    We love raw... image

0% commissions on .99 cents no reserve auctions

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    Airplanenut has lowest fees and 100% trustworthy. He gets higher bids than I could. My link to Airplanenut's fee schedule didn't work. Search BST coins for airplanenut threads, you'll find it.
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy AKA Airplanenut has a great history and reputation I would not hesitate to do business with him as either a buyer or a seller.

Russ aka RESCO on the bay is also way up there on the list of trustworthy and reliable.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKcoins

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JK is super . . . never a problem . .

But I also propose another option . . . Mike Kittle at www.kittlecoins.com. Superb in all respects and extremely precise and predictable. Just a great option for consignments. . . . . dependable, flexible, and very communicative on all aspects of the consigning . . . . . .

Another fine option . . . . .highly recommended.

Drunner
  • Options
    PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I will also put a good word in for Russ (RESCO).
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭✭
    I've consigned to several board members in the past. Absolutely the only one I could recommend is Ian at Great Collections.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.D a.k.a. Greattoning...gets great results on toned material.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers