Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

A Commemorative but a little different...

Usually a Commemorative is issued by a Country to signify an anniversary of the Country or an important person in that Country. These usually have a special prefix to help identify them.

I have posted examples of both in the past. One being the Pakistan 5 Rupee 50th Anniversary Commemorative P.44 note which has the prefix COM. The other was the Guernsey 20 Pound Diamond Jubilee of QEII P.61 which has the fractional prefix of QE/60.

I know many have heard of the printing company Thomas De La Rue (TDLR) which prints a lot of World Banknotes. Well, a Country has a Commemorative to celebrate TDLR. Guernsey has a 1 Pound Banknote that celebrates the 200th Anniversary of TDLR's first commercial venture. I found this a little unusual. I was fortunate enough to get the 61 serial of this Banknote The prefix is a fractional type of TD/LR - very fitting. Enjoy if you have not seen it yet.

You may have seen this design of the front before, but this back is where it is different.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061

Comments

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice note Jim.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, De La Rue was born in Guernesey or so I believe. Some of the early Guernesey notes are my personal favourites.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21