Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Question about 1934 to 1934 mule $20 star notes.

I am doing some research on these, and from what I can see, the change from 1934 BGS to 1934 BGS mule in the $20 FRNs was a hard break (no mixing).

Can someone verify this as true or not ?

Comments

• Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    It is not a hard break, not even for the districts with low star note printings (Minneapolis).
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jim

The high observed non mules on most districts in S/L are lower than the low observed ranges for the mules. I combed through HA and some other sources, and the only cross over I can find is in the 1934 $20 G* to 1934A mule G*.

So far, all of the other districts have known crossovers. The mixing must have taken place over a very brief period.

I will post my high / low known data so far, later.
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: SmallSizedGuy

It is not a hard break, not even for the districts with low star note printings (Minneapolis).

Speaking of Minneapolis, here are Non-Mule and Mule Star examples, but nowhere near the change-over that Lucky is seeking. Currently, both of these are Top Pop 1/0 combined TPG's.

Keep up the good research work, Luckybucks! We all appreciate it.

• Options
    Nice notes Larry.

I cannot find any records of a known mule star with a lower serial number than a non mule.

I still think that there is a hard break at least for some districts. I will do more this weekend.
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: luckybucks

I cannot find any records of a known mule star with a higher serial number than a non mule.

You mean a Mule with a lower s/n than a Non-Mule, right?
  • Options
    Long day yesterday, good catch, edited.
  • Options

TTT for the new people

Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade