Home Sports Talk
Options

I'm a Clevelander and I'm HAPPY! Cavs #1

lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
I've never lived through something like this! I'm 48 years old. I am a sports junkie and I root for all the Cleveland teams! I lost tv coverage with 3 minutes left in the game. I left my family and jumped in the car and listened on the radio. I read everything you all posted throughout this series. I never replied and truthfully it was such an improbable thing to happen, but it did. I just want to say that we really deserved this and I hope you guys understand what this means to Cleveland! I just don't know what else to say. I've finally lived to see a championship! Thanks goodness??????!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fumble. The Drive. Red Right 88. Mesa's blown save in Game 7 of the '97 World Series. For the city of Cleveland, it has been one heartbreaking late game and postseason collapse after another over the past 52 years. Till 2016. Finally, a championship is brought back to the city of Cleveland. Congratulations to MVP Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15
    The Fumble. The Drive. Red Right 88. Mesa's blown save in Game 7 of the '97 World Series. For the city of Cleveland, it has been one heartbreaking late game and postseason collapse after another over the past 52 years. Till 2016. Finally, a championship is brought back to the city of Cleveland. Congratulations to MVP Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers!

The one I remember the most was red right 88-Brian Sipe's 4th quarter interception against Oakland In the 1980 playoffs.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: garnettstyle

Originally posted by: grote15

The one I remember the most was red right 88-Brian Sipe's 4th quarter interception against Oakland In the 1980 playoffs.

I remember that game, also. Rutigliano instructed Sipe to "throw the ball into Lake Erie" unless a receiver was wide open in the end zone. The kicker, Crockroft had already missed an extra point and two FGs, or they'd had likely just run the ball to set up the GWFG.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really happy for the City of Cleveland and its fans. I was rooting for them all the way because of that long drought and also for LeBron's legacy. What a Game 7 that was last night!
    Daniel
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm legitimately happy for Cleveland fans! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I still don't like LeBron (for the way he left Cleveland the first time) but I am very happy for the city. It seems like a good city full of avid sports fans. Congrats on the championship!
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larryallen73
    I still don't like LeBron (for the way he left Cleveland the first time) but I am very happy for the city. It seems like a good city full of avid sports fans. Congrats on the championship!

I'm not a big fan of Lebron but I thought he was pretty classy last night .

There was a nice moment where he and Steph knocked each other to the ground grasped hands and helped each other up that was kinda cool.