Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Beware of this seller on eBay

I won a note from ..... on eBay last Sunday night.

I paid for the note Monday right away when I got home from work.

Wednesday arrived, and the note never got shipped, I sent a message, and another on Thursday. I was not rude in either message.

Friday the note still wasn't shipped, and I gave a friendly warning that I would cancel the item and leave a negative feedback if the note was not shipped by Monday. He finally responded to this reply, but not the first two. I was told the note would be shipped Friday afternoon.

Here it is Saturday afternoon, and the note STILL has not been shipped. I just requested a refund, and left a negative feedback.

I hate to do this, but IMO it is warranted in this case.

Comments

• Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Sounds like he may have had second thoughts about selling the note. I once won a note for a bargain price and the seller wrote to me the next day stating they would not do the transaction based on not getting what they thought was the right money for the note. I left negative as anyone should in a case like that. That is why we have the feedback system.

In your case I probably would have waited a couple more days because I've had situations where a note didn't get shipped out for over a week after I paid but if he needed more time he certainly should have told you that.

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    I agree.

If he was away, needed more time, or had second thoughts, all he had to do was communicate. I am very flexible, but lack of communication drives me crazy.
  • Options
    techwritertechwriter Posts: 584 ✭✭
    image lack of communication drives me up the walls.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    It looks like after I canceled the order, he shipped the package.

Somehow, according to him, I am the bad guy. It does not take a full week to mail a package.

The only way he would respond is if I took negative action. If he needed more time, all he needed to do was notify me that there was going to be a delay beforehand. Simple communication.
  • Options
    Honestly I think you pulled the trigger too fast. I know lack of communication drives everyone nuts and if unwarrented it is rude on the sellers part. That said when I get a seller who will not ship I do not say a word until the expected delivery date is reached and then depending on how I feel about the seller, their past feedback profile, and the item I am waiting for, I either contact them directly or open a case. Fast negative feedback is a sure way to blow the deal if you really wanted the note, it should be a last resort. Who knows the poor soul may be lying in a coma in some hospital.
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: techwriter
    image lack of communication drives me up the walls.

Total disrespect for his buyers, I would open a case with eBay( if you really want the note.)
    Lately I had many problems with eBaysellers, I avoid buying overthere, only buy stuff from proffesional auction sites.
    The last eBayseller shipped me a different coin then the one in his listing, to avoid problems
    with returning the coin all the way to Australia, I asked for a partially refund which he agreed upon and said he would send me the money in my PayPal account the next day.
    No such thing , after a week I finally got my refund, and left him a neutral feedback, now he is mad about that, Oh dear how sad
    Buying should be fun, not a pain in the ....

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    I
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    A scarce note, with very few in any higher grade. But the tear would be a deal breaker for me unless it was VERY inexpensive. Sorry to say, the Negative feedback was too hasty imho.
  • Options
    berylberyl Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Keep it until you find a nicer one.

Note
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    I would keep the note and remove the negative (Call eBay for help if needed). Say thank you to the seller and tell them you are removing the Neg. The seller may have a note you want down the road and it's not worth getting blocked from bidding on their future listings. I've had similar issues and usually wait two weeks before considering leaving negative feedback. Instead, I usually open an item not received case and see how that works out first.
  • Options
    I left him a feedback revision request. I explained that I did not have a good day that day, and came home rather p'd off.

I sat in a 2+ hour traffic jam, and had a tough day at work. Let's just say my temper matched my hair perfectly by the time I got home.

Though the lack of communication was like gas on the fire.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Been there for sure!!!
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Though the lack of communication was like gas on the fire.

Right. I've had days get away from me at work and missed getting to the post office; I've also been called out of town on short notice. But the key is being disciplined about communicating; it makes all the difference!

I think your submitting a revision request was proper.

• Options
    I sell a lot on eBay and I make no claims to condition other than circulated or uncirculated. I take really good pictures and only describe things that are not seen or difficult to see in the photos such as pinholes or tears. The note you bought had lousy pictures so you had to depend on the seller for a grade. Almost always notes like this are over graded but you bought it cheap so the only bitter part of this is the tear undisclosed. I would just keep it. You also made a big job for yourself to undo the Negative you left. You have 60 days to leave feedback so whats the rush?
  • Options
    underbidderunderbidder Posts: 25 ✭✭✭
    IMO you should leave the negative. Going from Monday to Saturday to ship a note, and then only after the threat of a negative with no responses is inexcusable. That person should not be selling. About once every few month I'll skip shipping on a Saturday. Usually a show is involved during those dates. Other than that I am compulsive about sending six days a week.

He deals with a large variety of stuff as you can see from his feedback, but IMO a professional currency dealer should always give their professional opinion on the grade and disclose anything that would NET/comment/apparent a note if it were to be sent in for grading. You should have sent in enough for grading or bought enough graded notes to be pretty close to the grade. I must admit I get a little lazy on the lower grades. I just say "very low grade" or something. But if I had to put a number on a raw note you can always see from the custom item specifics what should be there.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by: underbidder
    IMO you should leave the negative. Going from Monday to Saturday to ship a note, and then only after the threat of a negative with no responses is inexcusable. That person should not be selling. About once every few month I'll skip shipping on a Saturday. Usually a show is involved during those dates. Other than that I am compulsive about sending six days a week.

He deals with a large variety of stuff as you can see from his feedback, but IMO a professional currency dealer should always give their professional opinion on the grade and disclose anything that would NET/comment/apparent a note if it were to be sent in for grading. You should have sent in enough for grading or bought enough graded notes to be pretty close to the grade. I must admit I get a little lazy on the lower grades. I just say "very low grade" or something. But if I had to put a number on a raw note you can always see from the custom item specifics what should be there.

Well, this is why you are the best dealer in the hobby. It is not rocket science, but it does take an attentive person with a daily desire to do what is right. Anything less leaves the seller open to criticism, including negative feedback on eBay.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so whats the name of the seller that we are staying away from?
  • Options
    outtacashouttacash Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    naming names may get someone banned
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: outtacash

naming names may get someone banned

Some of us are self bannificating now that the new forum is up and running. Buh Bye.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    ??????
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mainejoe

??????

www.papermoneyforum.com
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    Just registered image
    Buying, Selling & collecting for over 30 Years!

I only COLLECT $2.00 FANCY #s but errors, fancy numbers, uncut sheets & autographed currency are my areas of expertise. Always glad to help when I can!
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

How's it going over there?