Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Condor token questions

I was offered to purchase an old collection of these tokens from a neighbors relative. They are almost all catorized in 2x2 with nice discription and some with old prices between 2-3 dollars each. I did some research and realize supply is high but demand is low for coins in good to fine condition. There is just over 70 of them and the good thing is there is not many doubles. So I really like them with all the history and want to make a fair offer and I think around 5 dollars each. Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At five bucks apiece for Conder tokens, it sounds like it would be hard to go wrong, unless they were really wretched. Let us know if you grab 'em. It would be neat to see some of what you got!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Do you intend to sell them yourself? For the common ones in F condition you might be able to sell on eBay for 10-20$. It would be harder to sell common ones in Good condition for more than $5. Unless a nomber of the tokens are scarce or rare $5 seems to be a fair offer.
    The market is robust for higher graded Conders, not so much for lower grade common ones. If the 2X2 has good descriptions hopefully the rarity will be listed - C, S, R, RR or RRR are the standard scale.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you intend to sell them yourself? For the common ones in F condition you might be able to sell on eBay for 10-20$. It would be harder to sell common ones in Good condition for more than $5. Unless a nomber of the tokens are scarce or rare $5 seems to be a fair offer.

Who just said that????

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    pennyholicpennyholic Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, the research I have done supports your replies.