Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Could I get a few volunteers?

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like a few sets of beta eyeballs for my vanity website.

Basically photos, and a bit of numismatic information/trivia. I'm looking for opinions on content, format/style and if it even makes sense.

It's still very much a work in progress and already I can see where I need to make some photo improvements, not to mention get off my duff and finish filling in the details.

Any volunteers? I can pm the website address.

Comments

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Sure
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hobby websites are fun!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to Cathy
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post away

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also up for the beta testing group! image
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    Okay, I'll pm the address to those answering so far. Thank you all very much! I've already gotten some excellent feedback. My goal is an interesting website, that is easy to follow, isn't too 'busy' and might even impart some useful information. Or, at least provide a little eye candy. Well, what I consider eye candy!

Cathy

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want more feedback, PM me. If you have enough already, then that's ok too.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, i did not like the top always being in the way as I scrolled down..
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Musky, were you looking at it on a tablet or a laptop/desktop...and which browser? Also, was it a title thing or a photo thing?

I'm discovering there are different renderings with the title blocks and the headers with the formatting. It's 'invisible' to me and ingrained in the template I'm using, so I'll have to play around a bit to figure it out.

It also seems like some of the justification may be off, at least on my tablet. Perhaps streamlining and getting rid of the headers/title blocks will help...I can do the latter as text blocks I think.

Thanks for the emails and pms so far...definitely helpful to get feedback before I got too much further into the project!

Cathy

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathy, I will try to give it a spin this weekend and offer some feedback. I'm not ignoring your PM. image
    -Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

• Options
    Thanks image

I've managed to fix the problem of the annoying title box that kept getting in the way when scrolling, that was happening on my tablet too. I had to delete one of the formatting choices and added regular text for the page titles.

Also, anything that starts with 'lorem ipsum' or looks something like a;ldkja;lkdfja;lkf is just filler I'd added at one point to remind myself to add stuff later. I'm hoping to add either the real content, or at least enough of it so I have all that removed in the near future. Maybe not this weekend as I have to work, but in the next week or so.

Oh, and if anyone (else) uses the email contact button, do not be thrown of by the 'Sally Smith'...that is my throwaway email. Of course anyone can do a look up on the registration to see my name and my third email, but for now I have the link to an isolated email address.

Cathy

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I think i came across this too late to offer my help.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, late to the party Aethelbore.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    I would love to take a look at your site.........

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    Well, due to fiddling around thanks to some great feedback already, new eyes are welcome. I'm not quite ready to share fully, if nothing else there is still a lot I need to add information-wise. Making the modifications now is easier before I get in any deeper. PM sent image.