Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

kind of a head scratcher

seller buys note on May 13 for $787.88

ebay link

then sells on June 5 for $599-- a short turn around. I would think seller could not have expected to profit on the flip considering the price he paid. Maybe he needed the money

ebay link

Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers are always free)

Comments

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the first seller (HGR) sold it to a shill account and then relisted under the shill ID with exact same pics and description.

Rarely do reoffered items bring more the second time around. Plus you identify yourself as one who would rather play games than sell notes.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: sellitstore

Looks like the first seller (HGR) sold it to a shill account and then relisted under the shill ID with exact same pics and description.

Rarely do reoffered items bring more the second time around. Plus you identify yourself as one who would rather play games than sell notes.

I agree..shill account.

Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    TCCUGATCCUGA Posts: 70 ✭✭
    IMHO, I don't think shill account-- notice that both the first and second listings are open auction style, not buy it now. The first buyer, likely a newbie, probably thought he got a good buy, and could profit by auctioning it again. Or he just needed the money. The results came up short and he took a loss. Happens all the time. Both at the big auctions and ebay.

Ty
    Buying Athens, GA nationals and obsoletes, for my personal collection
    Buying most large and small type notes and some nationals for inventory
  • Options
    MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    HGR listings are always private feedback. If you can't smell the aroma off those auctions...

That said, seller account has a history of note flip attempts. Could be guy thought he was buying low and selling high. Heck, he could have easily been the victim of fishy bids. Hidden feedback is a flashing red light of untrustworthy bidding.