Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Life Moves on and Keeps Changing

Hi all. It's been a while since I contributed to the boards here, though I have been lurking. My ancient and foreign accumulation has ended.
I am well and in good health. fortunately, but it's time to make a change. I'm nearing retirement and have no one in the family that is at all interested in coins. If something should happen to me I don't want to burden my wife with a bunch of 'stuff' she or no one else would want or now how to deal with. I am going to keep a small number that have historical importance or special to me in some way. The rest will be getting sold. My interest have ranged from Greek ancients to modern bullion with first century Rome and Colonial Mexico the most concentrated. Of course all of the ancients are historical in some way. This is going to be hard so here are some examples.
Keeper
Marc Anthony crisophourus

imageimage

To be sold
Titus denaris

imageimage

As I go through and get pictures made I will post them on the BSTpage. Keep watch, you may see something you like.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd keep the Marc Anthony too, nice coin.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the keepers maybe you can make some notes on what it is and value. Maybe even have a recommended disposal method. I'm not quite at that phase yet, but someday as there is NO interest in my family. Hubby does know that there is stuff of value and not to give it away, but really what you are doing is a good plan.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know if you remember, but you welcomed me to the boards with a picture of a hook neck reverse. That was over 10 years ago! Dont be a stranger. It doesn't matter if you keep 10, 1, or any coins at all - you're a member of this community and your advice and opinion are always welcomed!
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    Bronzemat
    Thanks. The Antony is scarce and is a big dollar coin in vf and ef. This fine was overlooked because it isn't good enough for the big gun collectors.

Two K
    I do remember. It was good to have another collector that appreciated Colonial Spain.
    I let a club member talk me out of the coin a few years ago. But I still have the pics.
    imageimage

This early 4 R will be a keeper.
    imageimage

This is a test to see if I have enough light on the Greek bronzes.

This has to be redone. It's hard getting enough light on these dark bronzes.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: coinnerd

The Antony is scarce and is a big dollar coin in vf and ef. This fine was overlooked because it isn't good enough for the big gun collectors.

That's the kind of stuff I like. Tough coins that are just within reach of my budget as a mere mortal.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    The famous 'box of 20' might be considered. It limits the numbers that people would need to sell (and with good instructions could be easily done) and keeps you in the game. It does take discipline.
    Paul
  • Options
    coinnerdcoinnerd Posts: 491 ✭✭✭
    Pmac
    The box of twenty would be the plan. The discipline is my downfall here. It might turn into 25.

maybe 40.

Dave