Home Sports Talk
Options

RIP Mr Hockey

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
As a born and bred Redwings fan, sad to hear Gordie Howe passed.

Hockey legend Gordie Howe dies at age 88

Comments

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legend is a name that few are worthy of but one that he deservedly wore well.

What a life!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr Hockey......I saw him play at the Olympia vs Bobby Orr in 1967. It was my very first hockey game as a 6 year old. The last time I saw him play was with his two sons on the same line. It was the first year Joe Louis opened in 1979-80. He almost scored. He was 52 at the time. The roof would have blown off if he had scored even though he was on the visiting team.

He walked on water in Detroit. Even up to the last couple years or so he visited youth hockey locker rooms to encourage kids after the games. I saw this countless times. He is already being missed.

The Gordie Howe Hat Trick is still something any kid growing up in Detroit aspired to accomplish. A goal, an assist and a fight in the same game. My Dad swore Gordie used to file his elbows to a point before a game ; )

On Friday, upon learning of Howe's death, Gretzky called his old friend, "the greatest hockey player ever … but, more importantly, the nicest man I have ever met."

His son Mark said he wa the nastiest person he ever saw on a pair of skates

He was a mans man

RIP Mr Hockey

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......