Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1975 Apollo-Soyuz Test Project

Anyone know anything about these?

I thought they were some Franklin Mint product, but they're actually from the Soviet Union.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno. I would've thought Franklin Mint, too?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    They were issued from NASA and Ford Aerospace if I remember correctly. Made from the metal from the ships them selves. I have two in my collection.

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    At one point, about four years ago, I acquired a large lot of NASA medallions, tokens, etc. including a few of these. I remember thinking it was really cool that their metal had actually been to space (and back again). Sold the lot for around $100, if I recall, on eBay. Took them to a convention first, but there was zero interest.

When I was a kid, space was still popular. We took school field trips to the NASA centers in Cape Canaveral and Hunstville. Used to have pictures of the shuttle take-offs on my bedroom wall, a little model shuttle craft dangling from the ceiling surrounded by hundreds of glow-in-the-dark star stickers, shuttle craft pencil sharpener, space camp t-shirt in my top drawer. Many times I dreamt of becoming an astronaut.

Still hoping that I'll live long enough to experience commercial space flight (and afford a trip).
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE