Home Precious Metals

can anyone tell me the Value of this style Engelhard Silver Bar?

Comments

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    $30-50 depending on how scratch free and untoned it is.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year I sold 7 of them for $56 each, but they were low, 4 digit serial numbers and 4 of them were consecutive numbers.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OnlyGoldIsMoney

I buy them for $5 over tops.

$5 over spot sounds about right. Most coin shops will only pay melt value. These are popular but they are not rare.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Originally posted by: PerryHall

$5 over spot sounds about right. Most coin shops will only pay melt value. These are popular but they are not rare.

I don't know why people think in these terms. I will never sell anything I own coin/bullion related to a freaking coin shop. I will sell on eBay where you can reach far more potential bidders/collectors, and even after the fees I will still net more than what a coin dealer would give me. I rate coin dealers below pawn shops, because I have gotten more from a pawn shop than a coin dealer in my early trading days.

Why do you think coin shops stay in business for so long, they absolutely rape people who don't know what they have. One score from an ignorant seller to a coin shop can fund their expenses for a month or more. I refuse to sell to them if nothing else based solely on that.
    Originally posted by: piecesofme

I don't know why people think in these terms. I will never sell anything I own coin/bullion related to a freaking coin shop. I will sell on eBay where you can reach far more potential bidders/collectors, and even after the fees I will still net more than what a coin dealer would give me. I rate coin dealers below pawn shops, because I have gotten more from a pawn shop than a coin dealer in my early trading days.

Why do you think coin shops stay in business for so long, they absolutely rape people who don't know what they have. One score from an ignorant seller to a coin shop can fund their expenses for a month or more. I refuse to sell to them if nothing else based solely on that.

I actually agree with you but when someone needs to raise cash fast, eBay is not the answer. Also, most people won't think that the work involved in selling a relatively inexpensive silver bar on eBay with all the associated fees and shipping expenses is worth the couple of dollars more that just selling it to the local coin shop. Also, I think Smitty who started this thread and who has a coin shop, doesn't "absolutely rape people" as you claim.

Originally posted by: piecesofme

I actually agree with you but when someone needs to raise cash fast, eBay is not the answer. Also, most people won't think that the work involved in selling a relatively inexpensive silver bar on eBay with all the associated fees and shipping expenses is worth the couple of dollars more that just selling it to the local coin shop. Also, I think Smitty who started this thread and who has a coin shop, doesn't "absolutely rape people" as you claim.

For the record, I didn't say that, you did. You're trying to put words in mouth.

For clarification...the dealers around where I live and have frequently visited over the past 35+ years, all, everyone of them is a con-artist that will absolutely rip off someone who doesn't know what they have...i've witnessed it multiple times.

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭
    Then why do you keep frequenting them??
    Originally posted by: Wingsrule

I wonder if they know what he thinks of them.image

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe after they rape the widows and orphans, he rapes them on the better bullion

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

Originally posted by: Baley

Maybe after they rape the widows and orphans, he rapes them on the better bullion

Here we go with the maybe's and the possibly's pronouncements. I swear it's like reading a national newspaper here. Everything is a question rather than reporting facts and letting the reader decide...a product of the Trump campaign no doubt.

OF COURSE I buy from them, how the F else is a low level guy suppose to get a deal? That is not the issue and what was being talked about. The issue was/is SELLING to dealers. Big difference.