Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
Options

"I am willing to pay Top Dollar" Looking for 1957 S/C Blocks, "So Close but yet so Far Away"

I am trying to complete a Registry Set with the PCGS notes for the 1957 Silver Certificate Blocks. I was wondering/hoping, someone might have for sale or know where I can buy any of the following PCGS graded notes. I will pay a finders fee if you lead me to a seller.

Thanks

Please contact me directly via E-mail

woody3882@aol.com

1957 FR-1619

Grade 67 and up E-A P-A R-A Z-A Q-A *-D M-A

Grade 68 and up G-A L-A W-A D-A N-A B-B

Grade 69 A-A F-A H-A J-A T-A U-A

X-A Y-A A-B *-C

1957-A FR-1620

Grade 67 and up F-A J-A

Grade 68 and up D-A G-A H-A K-A M-A

Grade 69 A-A B-A E-A I-A L-A N-A P-A *-A

1957-B FR-1621

Grade 68 and up Q-A

Grade 69 U-A

Dana Wood

Woody3882@aol.com

2015 Certificate Award Winner 2016 Certificate Award Winner

Comments

• Options
    KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I believe Mike @ Centurial Collectibles has a 1957 EA in 67EPQ that you might want to look at to cross. I have bought some really nice notes from him and he has always been a pleasure to buy from.

• Options
    It seems every time I try to cross over a note from PMG I get stung. Is there a secret or a special request that has to be made, or is it to just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Thanks
    Dana Wood

Woody3882@aol.com

• Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    Request a minimum cross.

No guarantee that it will still cross once it is cut out and in hand to observe things you can't see through the holder, but if they know it will not cross without cutting it out they will not. ( you still pay either way)

My experience has been that small size with PMG, there is less emphasis on the margins than there is at PCGS-C.

So for notes that went 67-65 or 66-64 it was margins .

PCGS-C Seems to have higher value for front margins, all around margin ratio, then back, and then front to back registration.

PMG, has been all over the place. I have seen way too many 65s that I know would be lucky to get 64 at PCGS.

PMG is more critical of margins starting at 66/67.

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: woody3882

It seems every time I try to cross over a note from PMG I get stung. Is there a secret or a special request that has to be made, or is it to just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Thanks

Yeah both companies certainly have their differences when it comes to grading. In my opinion PCGS is a little more strict on centering especially in the 65-66 range. PMG seems tougher in the 67+ range as for some reason they don't like to hand out 68's even on notes that deserve it.

• Options
    A Special Thanks to "Mr Talking Walnut" for being an honest Gentleman and coming through for me with a beautiful PCGS K-A 69

Dana Wood

Woody3882@aol.com

• Options
    I am trying to complete a Registry Set with the PCGS notes for the 1957 Silver Certificate Blocks. I was wondering/hoping, someone might have for sale or know where I can buy any of the following PCGS graded notes. I will pay a finders fee if you lead me to a seller.

Thanks

Please contact me directly via E-mail

woody3882@aol.com

1957 FR-1619

Grade 67 and up E-A P-A R-A Z-A Q-A *-D M-A

Grade 68 and up G-A L-A W-A D-A N-A B-B

Grade 69 A-A F-A H-A J-A T-A U-A

X-A Y-A A-B *-C

1957-A FR-1620

Grade 67 and up F-A J-A

Grade 68 and up D-A G-A H-A K-A M-A

Grade 69 A-A B-A E-A I-A L-A N-A P-A *-A