Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Midwest/East Coast card shows

Other than the National in Atlantic City, I was looking for some options on attending a nice card show somewhere this summer. I'm especially interested in a show that carries a good amount of dealers with vintage cards.

I live in southern Ohio and I would to keep the driving distance around 6-8 hours or less.

Any options out there?
-Collecting anything vintage

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    best purchases can be made on Ebay.. I live in Chicago and there are 2-3 big shows per year, and every year I go I regret wasting the money to park and go in.
  • Options
    hdunkhdunk Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Since you live in Ohio I assume you now of the Columbus show on June 11 & 12 and the weekend before the National.

Chantilly on July 15 - 17. Counting new cards, autographs, as well as vintage cards they sold 320 tables at the April show.
  • Options
    purduepetepurduepete Posts: 790 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JimMeant
    Other than the National in Atlantic City, I was looking for some options on attending a nice card show somewhere this summer. I'm especially interested in a show that carries a good amount of dealers with vintage cards.

I live in southern Ohio and I would to keep the driving distance around 6-8 hours or less.

Any options out there?

By vintage, do you mean pre World War II, or 50's-60's-70's era cards?

There is a show every month in Sharonville, OH (a northern suburb of Cincinnati). There's usually a little bit of the pre-war stuff, and several of the dealers that usually show up specialize in the 50's thru 70's cards.
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Options
    JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am aware of both the Columbus and Sharonville shows. Both of them are worth attending.

I have heard of there being a good vintage show in Strongsville, OH outside of Cleveland. Is this true for those that have attended? Anybody know when the next Strongsville show will be?
    -Collecting anything vintage
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    The vintage Strongsville show is every April. That is 90% pre-1980 I would say. Very strong show.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    CumberlandCumberland Posts: 89 ✭✭
    I recommend a vintage roadtrip weekend, first with the Machinist Hall Show in St. Louis on July 16, second the Gonzaga Hall show in Milwaukee on July 17. I'm probably setting up at both shows.
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    there is also a show in redford mi on june 5th with around 60 tables and with a fair amount of vintage
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Cumberland

I recommend a vintage roadtrip weekend, first with the Machinist Hall Show in St. Louis on July 16, second the Gonzaga Hall show in Milwaukee on July 17. I'm probably setting up at both shows.

That seems like a lot of driving!