Home U.S. Coin Forum

Someone here just grab this off ebay???? Hope so!

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
scarface

I thought it was mine as I saw it come up and hit the BIN button only to have ebay tell me it was already sold!!!!

Do coins pop up on the east coast quicker than on the west??

bobimage
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]

Comments

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bad link image
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Scarface" is a dream coin for sure...I would not have been able to see it at work though. What condition was it in? How much was the BIN?
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,...
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a better linkimage
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $2,000 BIN and looks everybit of a 62 or 62+

bob

PS: new link
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what would a scarface sell for in 58 to 62 ??
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    55? don't know.

62 = $4500 or a bit more. My 63 sold at $10,000+

bob
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
    58 PCGS Trends 1250

60 1900

61 2500

62 3500

I would want it to be PCGS certified before I throw that kind of money down.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,...
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes you wonder why the owner, who knows about the rarity scale and where this coin is at on it, would not slab and maximize his profits.
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish it was me! It would be worth taking a chance on. I see the scar extending down across the neck, that's an H9 in my book...
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bolivarshagnasty

Makes you wonder why the owner, who knows about the rarity scale and where this coin is at on it, would not slab and maximize his profits.

Maybe figured that the quick flip would allow the funds to be put into more effective inventory, rather than trying to spend time getting it in a holder with attribution and then hoping that another whale exists with too much money to spend. You do realize that the market for all but the ultra rare VAMs is adrift at sea right now, eh ?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: AUandAG

55? don't know.

62 = $4500 or a bit more. My 63 sold at $10,000+

bob

Understanding that the odds of an H9 scarface appearing in PCGS 64 in the future are about .0000001% made your 63 a wonder coin which probably went to the only buyer in the civilized world who "needed" it.

it really isn't a fair barometer of lesser condition coins value.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not have paid that. I am not sure it won't detail, and neither can anyone else be based on those images. And to the point above, why not spend the 50-75 bucks and have it graded. He knows what grading companies are since he has some for sale and has sold some slabbed.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    So a $1950 premium for a die crack? Not too bad!
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me years ago.

There was a 1959 Franklin PR68CAM for $750. I clicked on the BIN but it was gone.

Then I saw here LucyBob had posted a message here asking if she should buy it. I told her it was too late.

Later I found out who the buyer was when it showed up as a $2500 coin on Rick Tomaska's site.
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: pcgs69

So a $1950 premium for a die crack? Not too bad!

What's the premium for a bearded goddess?

Lance.
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's at least a Harrison-8, since the crack goes across the cheek. H-7 has the crack going into the nose and just starting into the cheek.

I sold an ANACS MS63 H-7 in a private sale a few years ago for $2000, so I think $2k for the one in the OP was a steal.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    FWIW, the population of UNC Scarfaces has gone up quite a bit over the past 1-2 years.

Still looks like a great deal for 2k.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file