Home Sports Talk
Options

NBA Finals - the rematch

13»

Comments

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: galaxy27

I've got the Dubs taking it down. And I think the Association will be handed another Christmas gift in June: It's going to go the full 7.

If you're a fan of 3s, I'd highly recommend watching; they're going to be raining down in this series like they're going out of style.

Oh look, it's another failed prediction. And, thanks for telling us they shoot a lot of 3s! Where did you get that insider info???

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN
    Originally posted by: SanctionII
    I wonder how many hoops fans will sincerely believe that the 2015-2016 Warriors were not very good because they could not score 5 more points tonight?

So how will this Warriors team be viewed since it did not win the title?

They will probably be viewed the same as that Pat's team that won every game in the season and lost the SB to the Giants.

Yup although in football the regular season has some meaning at least.

The other 3 sports could cut the regular season in half and it might still be too long.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keets.

I have not looked at the series statistics, but my impression of the entire series is that Cleveland had the edge defensively.

Cleveland was largely able to neutralize (especially in games 5-7) the Warriors inside game. Time after time the Warriors were unable to make low post shots and shots in the paint. In part this was due to Warrior players not having the skill set to score down low (body positioning to keep the defender(s) on your back; keeping the ball up high instead of at or below your waist; going up fast and strong as soon as you receive the ball instead of hesitating). In part it was the tenaciousness of the Cleveland defenders. By restricting the Warriors ability to score inside Cleveland it forced the Warriors to shoot from outside. Cleveland's perimeter defender were all over Curry, Thompson, Barnes, etc. They were very physical and this rattled the Warrior's scorers. They did not have the time to create shots. The shooting percentage of the Warriors this series was much lower than earlier rounds in the playoffs and during the regular season.

Curry suffered injuries to his knee and ankle and elbow during the playoffs. He was also subjected to a very physical style of play, even when he did not have the ball in his hands. I wonder if the grind of the regular season and his playoff injuries contributed to a drop off in his production and effectiveness? Or maybe Cleveland just figured out a way to slow him down and reduce his effectiveness?

Again hats off to Cleveland. The Cavs earned this title. Hats off to the Warriors also for a great 2 year run. Hopefully the Warriors will regroup, retool and play for a title again next year.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mlbfan2

I've got the Dubs taking it down. And I think the Association will be handed another Christmas gift in June: It's going to go the full 7.

If you're a fan of 3s, I'd highly recommend watching; they're going to be raining down in this series like they're going out of style.

Oh look, it's another failed prediction.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Cavs changed what they were doing during the game, especially in the second half. that might be because they had more than a minute to hash things out. in the first half I thought Green surprised everyone, even himself, with his shooting and the Warriors got some nice open threes, it was just that Green alone seemed to hit them. when the Cavs adjusted there was more shots or drives in the paint. then in the second half it seemed the change was tighter defense by keeping the shooters further from the arc and using more double Teams. that prevented shots but also limited their passing.

when the Warriors are on their game they move the ball so quick that it's only a matter of time before someone is out of place and the shot comes. the Cavs didn't allow that in the second half, at least not a lot. that seemed to rattle the Warriors. also, what happened with Klay Thompson, he was almost an after thought and I see him as a really great player??
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

Gambling...that will end well.

You picked both teams (GS in this thread). So you won and lost.

galaxy27 calling a coin flip:

"Heads! Tails!"

"Boom....nailed it."

• Options
    I bet the bookies cleaned up when it got to 3-1.
  • Options
    Listen, mlb, everyone here gets it. You're extremely butthurt, the likes of which probably hasn't been experienced around these parts since the Axtellian days. But at least Axtell brought something to the table and was knowledgeable about sports. If I could trade you for him, I'd do so every day of the week and twice on Sunday without blinking.

But unfortunately I can't.

Instead, how about this. If I publicly state that I am beyond clueless, no prediction I have ever made has connected, and I can only hope to know a fraction of what you've forgotten, will you kindly scram? Or better yet, actually provide a scintilla of substance? If you want to say something directly to me, my inbox is wide open for you, brother. Untether your fingers and come at me. But for the sake of this roundball discussion and all those involved who are actually contributing, this is not deserved.

Do we have a deal, or are you going to continue to make every 5-year-old around envious?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mlbfan2

Gambling...that will end well.

You picked both teams (GS in this thread). So you won and lost.

galaxy27 calling a coin flip:

"Heads! Tails!"

"Boom....nailed it."

Jerome Bettis would be proud.

• Options
    Originally posted by: keets

a question to the thread participants or any who enters late --- based on the entire series, which of the Teams do you think has the better defense??

Cleveland's D is the reason they won. Splash Bros. shot 25% from beyond the arc in G7, and the Warriors didn't score a single point in the final 4:38. Still can't get LBJ's block on Iggy out of my head.

When the treys don't fall, GSW is in serious trouble because they have little to no offensive production coming from the 5. I betcha that changes in the offseason, along with Harrison Barnes being given a one-way ticket to anywhere.
  • Options
    I said earlier that GSW was one dimensional and I assume they will have to fix that during the off-season.