Home Sports Talk

World Champion Royals starting to play really well.

DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
With the injuries to Gordon and Moose, they brought up a couple players from
Omaha who are doing really well so far. Merrifield and Eibner.
Hosmer is possibly turning into a superstar, as he is starting to smoke
the ball fairly consistently and not swinging at as many bad pitches as he used to.
Cain is really hitting well also, and team speed is even better than last year.
Bullpen still lights out, starters need to be more consistent.

I see the Indians as the biggest threat, as the Tigers are old, slow, and
unmotivated same as last year. Verlander can go cry on his girlfriend's shoulder
when he loses a tough one like tonight. Looks like overweight stars' Caberra and
Martinez will not be having one last hurrah.

I rarely if ever see teams able to match the Royals' energy and
determination, as evidenced by their coming back to beat the White Sox
three straight games. One game they even set a team record, trailing
1-7 into the bottom of the ninth and scoring 7 to win.

Royals and Cubs world series?
DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    If that does come to pass, the Royals are going to regret that they let Ben Zobrist get away.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whit Merrifield is the new Ben Zobrist.

In retrospect the Royals had about a 0% chance of keeping Zobrist.
    He wanted to play for Maddon again and try to help the Cubs go all the way.
    The Cubs have been gunning for the Royals for a couple years now.
    When they signed Lester last year, they told him they were building a club to beat the Royals.
    Lester was all for that, as he was the one that blew the wild card game when he was with Oakland
    and the Royals had that amazing comeback win in 2014.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    My White Sox suck. Ventura needs to go and should have been gone already. Sale and Quintana are the staff, the rest blow. The bullpen really blows. Team cant hit anymore. Just disgusted.
    The Royals have gone backwards also. I guess I was right about the Indians being the biggest threat.
    The tribe sweep the Royals four straight.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Royals haven't won since you posted this right? 0-7? Jinx

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    GO Indians!
    O-8

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    The jinx ends
    Originally posted by: Darin

unmotivated same as last year. Verlander can go cry on his girlfriend's shoulder

when he loses a tough one like tonight. Looks like overweight stars' Caberra and

The karma of this thread is powerful. Martinez hits 3 home runs at KC tonight and Miggie another and Verlander with the win.

mark
    That Merrifield is a very nice looking player

mark
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman
    Originally posted by: Darin

The karma of this thread is powerful. Martinez hits 3 home runs at KC tonight and Miggie another and Verlander with the win.

mark

The golden oldies must have been all tuckered out after that first win.
    Royals take 3 out of 4.
    Only downside, Kansas City has almost run out of food after hosting a four game series
    with the obese Tigers.
    Sidenote- Justin Upton is really working out for them, isn't he? haha.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21