Home U.S. Coin Forum

Stack's Bowers CBH

PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
The 1826 AU58 CAC CBH has already been bid up to $1500 not including the BP so far. Nice premium.

Comments

• jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Highly promoted series image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link

Wow. That's just nuts.

It's not a bad coin. But the cut on the jaw, scratch above the date, fingerprint right obverse, and numerous black spots on the reverse knock it out of premium-58 pricing, to me.

Lance.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pass on this one...even if I had the means.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • PaleElfPaleElf Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lkeigwin

It's not a bad coin. But the cut on the jaw, scratch above the date, fingerprint right obverse, and numerous black spots on the reverse knock it out of premium-58 pricing, to me.

Lance.

I agree.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really not much of a premium at all considering the coin is the equivalent of many MS61's and MS62's. The problem is it is actually mis-graded by today's market acceptable standards. That's an AU58 from the 1970's and early 1980's. And even back then, most of the dealers I knew would have sold it as Unc. I never saw a coin like that graded and priced as AU back in my early days. The small scratch is unfortunate, and maybe why it was netted down from 62/61 to 58.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    Will probably in up in a 63 holder unless someone just buys it for a 58 set.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • BIGAL2749BIGAL2749 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭
    Stacks many times takes horrible closeup pictures and when you look at the coin in the slab it may very well be a colorful coin that many would like

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file