Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Award deadline

This is my first year with some eligible completed sets. Two of the four sets I have have no competition. The other two have minimal competition. One is extremely close with my set in first place with a very very slight lead over second. The second place set cannot be viewed so I have no idea which cards he might be able to improve on. I have a hunch he'll add last minute tomorrow and take over first. That really doesn't bother me at all but leads me to wondering if adding last second is a common trait for people in close competition for top spot? I add my cards as soon as I have them in my possession but I could see people waiting to drop the hammer at the last second.

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    For the most part people do not add at the last minute....i can only think of one time where it happened to me. Good luck!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: wrestlingcardking
    For the most part people do not add at the last minute....i can only think of one time where it happened to me. Good luck!

The reason I am expecting it is a few months ago I added a card to go from second to first. Within five minutes I was back in second. Since then I've moved back into first.

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Like most registry set owners, I update my sets as soon as I get upgrades plus I scan the cards and allow everyone to see them. If anyone wants to compete, I welcome the competition as well. Last week I had a 30 day sub that went 42 days finally pop. I had some great grades and added them as soon as I could. I was able to take the top spot on 2 sets because of this sub. I am sure it looks like I waited to the last minute because the sub went way too long. Good luck to everyone who has the number one registry set in their categories.