Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Now Taking Applications for Numismatic Gladiator III

The first "Numismatic Gladiator" competition was a success and the second one even more so. I want to thank everyone who participated by commenting and/or voting.

Because NG I & II were so well received we want to continue the series. We are looking for two people who would be interested in competing in NG III. Please read the rules below before you express your interest.

RULES:

1. You will purchase a US legal tender coin minted prior to 1965.

2. Gladiators may not spend more that $25 excluding postage/tax on their coin (but may spend less).

3. The coin must be purchased online and it must be listed for sale on an open and public website. This includes auction sites such as, but not limited to eBay or dealer web pages. Coins that are on sale of that you are able to buy at a discount are not eligible unless the original price was less than $25.

4. Gladiators MUST actually purchase their entry coin.

5. Gladiators will not be allowed to reveal which coin is theirs, except to The Directors (LordMarcovan and Aethelred) until after the voting has closed, this includes PMs, people who have already voted et cetera.

6. The Directors of "Numismatic Gladiator" will select two Gladiators from those who have applied, these Gladiators will remain anonymous except to The Directors until the close of voting.

7. Both The Gladiators and The Directors may vote (without revealing how they have voted) as they see fit in the poll.

8. Any and all disputes that arise will be settled by The Directors.

9. Both of The Directors must be in agreement before any decisions are made.

10. The winning Gladiator will receive an icon that they may display in their sig line.

If you agree to all of the above terms and would like to apply to become a Gladiator in NG II please express your interest by posting to this thread. If you are not selected as one of the two Gladiators this time, remember there will be future Numismatic Gladiator competitions.
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    I'm interested , and like to apply for this competition
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the 'liteside' is too scary for most us over here. Looks like you are getting some interest on the US boards though.

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be interested.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    PMs have been sent.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com