Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 Topps Football Vending

Thought since there is 13 straight hours of racing today with Monaco first and done already. Indy 500 now, and the Coca Cola 600 after, a 1982 Topps Football vending box would be in order for annihilation. Pics of the good, the bad, and the ugly forthcoming, pending racing downtime intervals.

Comments

• Options

The cards from both ends, you know, the instant fails:

• Options
    NHLfightguyNHLfightguy Posts: 525 ✭✭
    Good luck. Always loved this year. So nice
    When topps didn't have to
    Airbrush logos!
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    May your LT rookies not be centered high...eh!
  • Options
    Tried, but got very tired fast of scrolling the pop report after looking at each card.

If any 82 collectors would be so kind and advise on anything low pop or other special pictured here, or over the next week (yes, am planning to post pics of every card from this box), please do. Will of course know the HOFers but nothing POP.

• Options

• Options

Why is photobucket so friggin freaky.

• Options

• Options
    The Walter Payton In Action card is the coolest football card I have ever seen.

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: HaveLearned

It's definitely up there, great image!
  • Options
    Yeah, beautiful card. image

Getting close to the end of this box now.

• Options

Well, if like most people on a cold, dark, windy, and lonely night, and you find yourself suddenly screaming '82 TOPPS FOOTBALL VENDING BOX CONTENTS' over and over again like someone with tourrette syndrome, you now have a place to go. Entire box pictured.
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    ha^ thanks for posting. I saw a couple of Montana and lott in actions, but did you not receive any LT, Lott, or Montana regular cards?
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Thanks but me thinks this box had been searched!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: ElvisP
    Thanks but me thinks this box had been searched!!

Impossible, it was BBCE wrapped so had to come from a sealed case. I'm more surprised some 89D Cansecos didn't get slipped in there somewhere.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    Originally posted by: HaveLearned

It's definitely up there, great image!

Payton had a habit of launching himself like a cannonball over the pile in goal lines situations. There is a great SI shot that is maybe 6 time lapsed photos and he almost covers 10 yards. There are also some great videos of him doing it.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Nothing is impossible. I purchased a "sealed" 1985 Topps BB vending case from DACW a long time ago, probably 2003 or 2004. I picked it up from them at the National in Chicago in person. Everything looked good, case sealed, box lids tight, vending pattern looked original. Well, not one McGwire, Clemens, or Puckett and $1500 down the drain.
    Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    LARKIN ! too soon on the Canseco. Didn't that just die a couple years ago. Too soon on that possibility. You need to have respect for Canseco image

I just write this vending box off to being legit vending. jsanz ? a whole case and none of those ? Well that is fishy.
  • Options
    I just wish the pics were still alive. One of the funniest threads ever.