Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

F/S 1915 Babe Ruth rookie Scorecard SOLD

This listing is for a very unique Babe Ruth card/memorabilia. Given the outrageous prices that Babe Ruth rookie cards are going for these days, this is a very affordable and acceptable alternative. This is a scorecard that pictures Babe Ruth from his first full season in the majors with the Boston Red Sox. This rare relic was used as an advertising piece from the clothing manufacturer S. H. Churchill & Co.

This scorecard has a large action photo of Ty Cobb along with 16 members of the 1915 N.L. Champion Philadelphia Phillies at the top including Grover Cleveland Alexander. The other side pictures 16 members of the 1915 World Champion Boston Red Sox including Babe Ruth (rookie year), Tris Speaker, Harry Hooper, Herb Pennock, and more.

Measuring approximately 14" x 5.5", this stunning piece of history is in fabulous condition. It is not as thin as paper, but it is not as thick as a standard baseball card. Each bottom corner has a bend that does not reach inside the black border. There is only one other slight bend at the top left that just barely reaches inside the black border. There is the faintest of tears at the bottom right that, again, does not reach inside the border. It is very well hidden because I almost did not see it. Other than corner wear, I see no other flaws. This scorecard is free of any markings. It is amazing that this 101 year old piece of baseball history has survived in this condition given its size.

Since this card features the 1915 World Champion Boston Red Sox, it was issued as early as the fall of 1915 or as late as the spring of 1916. I only know of one other version of this card and it featured Walter Johnson instead of Ty Cobb. You will be hard pressed to find another relic like this extraordinary piece of baseball history dating from Babe Ruth's first full season.

Please note - the baseball in the last picture is only for referencing size and it is not included in the sale.

Price - $1,450 SOLD

Shane