Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Best way to move Griffey in quantity

I have a lot of Griffey items I am wanting to move around his induction in July... Mainly about 100 graded psa 9 and 10 UD rookies plus some UD wax and some minor league psa 9's. What are the boards thoughts on the best way to move them? I have been planning to send them all to PWCC and let him break them up into lots on the 9's and probably individual lots on the 10's. Is that the best route? Interested in opinions, thx

Comments

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you listed any on the BST section here? I think if PWCC list them all at one time it will hurt the final prices. Unless you need to get rid of them quickly, why don't you list a few at a time on Ebay?

James
  • VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 919 ✭✭✭
    Well I wanted to try to move them all around the time of his HOF ceremony to get that bump in price
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any bump in price due to HOF induction has already been built in to Griffey's cards for a while now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Until the run-up kicks into overdrive. Beware the consortium.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, any bump would have happened around voting when people grab them for their HOF registry sets. The induction ceremony timeframe may provide a small drop in price as the market gets flooded. I'm sure there are many other people who have hoarded and will try to unload at the same time. BST or spacing out with a few a month via eBay BINs is a much better strategy for maximizing your return.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think the bump would have happened in January when the vote was revealed. I would not dump them all at once, in the same place. I would try bst on a few different forums and pwcc. I would start selling slowly now.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work it like a stock that you own a lot of that isn't liquid and you are trying not to hurt the price as you sell. Stagger essentially limit orders or in this case BIN offerings above the market and see if you get some fills.

• VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 919 ✭✭✭
    Man I am just trying to figure out how to maximize the sale of these. If you took any kind of offense that was not my intention
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    +20 might seem like a bargain pretty soon.
  • Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Ol' VintagemanEd at it again....
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I bought a blue flip Griffey UD auto w/o grade in December for $180, sold it for 300 right after election. Pricing is still about the same place.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page