Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dropping off and picking up a card at PSA's office

A bunch of questions.

Do the same rates listed on this page still apply?

http://www.psacard.com/Fees

The fees are based on the declared value. Is the declared value what I paid for the card or what I would insure it for if I mailed it? Since I am dropping off and picking up can I pay the regular rate?

Is the office in Newport Beach?

Comments

• pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, same rates, I haven't dropped off in person for a while.

Use the value you want it insured for on the way back to you.

It's in Newport Beach off the 55 freeway.
  • JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    They no longer have drop off. I am going to be very nervous sending this 1/1 through the mail.
  • mb2005mb2005 Posts: 165 ✭✭
    As the people at the post office say: "the Hope Diamond was sent by U.S. Mail"....(it made it)
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does one establish value on a 1 of 1 for insurance value?
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    They always do shows in that area so check the show schedule so you can do it in person at their table. They are very nice and will help you with anything.
  • JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: kingbeeswax
    They always do shows in that area so check the show schedule so you can do it in person at their table. They are very nice and will help you with anything.

THANK YOU!

I found the show schedule. Except of the National show it seems that they require return shipping.

At least I could drop it off and avoid any risk of it being lost.

Otherwise is there any way around this?
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: kingbeeswax

I think the Long Beach show is currently going on right now.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The PO Box is in Newport, the actual office is in Tustin.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's