Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Can you do those "shadowbox" or "reflective" Photoshop templates?

I'd like my newp to match the others in my "Box of 20" set. (See link in sigline for what my standard image background looks like.)

The pictures in my set are 800x500 images. The raw one I've got to work with is 1187x595.

I don't need help resizing so much as doing the background. All I need is the Photoshopping. I can resize the larger image you create down to the 800x500 I need and keep the larger one as an "index" picture.

Anybody up for a quick job? I normally have a friend do them for me since I lack the skills and software, but he's a busy man and I hate to bug him.

Edit- here- this is what I'm talking about. (Not this coin, obviously, but if you can make my new one fit into a similar "shadowbox" template, that's what I need.)

Here is the raw image of the coin I want done, to match the background above, though do please PM me before you do it so I don't get multiple people Photoshopping for me! Thanks.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use photoshop and my intention is not to hijack your request.

Just an FYI you can do something very similar with photoscape which is a free editing software. It's not exactly the same, but very similar and easy to use. I'm on my phone otherwise I would upload a photo of coins in my registry that use photoscape.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bigjpst

I don't use photoshop and my intention is not to hijack your request.

Just an FYI you can do something very similar with photoscape which is a free editing software. It's not exactly the same, but very similar and easy to use. I'm on my phone otherwise I would upload a photo of coins in my registry that use photoscape.

Thank you. That was one of my next questions. I really need to learn to do this myself, and it is a little embarrassing that I haven't, yet.

I will check out Photoscape. It is time I moved beyond MS Paint and other such basic (if useful) programs.

Illini420 has offered to help. He uses templates like this on his website. I think they look great, which is one reason (aside from nice coins) I've been a past customer of his and a frequent browser of his inventory.

Update:

Ta-dahhh! Thanks, Mike! (Was such a gentleman that he refused payment. I offered, 'cause I hate to be a pain or a moocher.)

Looks great, doesn't it? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks Great!
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it looks fabuloso

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard not to like the subject matter of this coin. Sweet.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how people create that backdrop and I'm pretty good with Photoshop...

Nice trick/secret, I'll have to find out how you guys do this someday...
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mercurydimeguy

I have no idea how people create that backdrop and I'm pretty good with Photoshop...

See if you can find some old USCoinForum threads by SpaceMonkey. He's the one who originated it.

I remember talking to him and asking him for instructions on doing it and he outlined things and even put up some templates for folks.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool.

I want to learn how to do that too.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Bochiman

Originally posted by: mercurydimeguy

See if you can find some old USCoinForum threads by SpaceMonkey. He's the one who originated it.

I remember talking to him and asking him for instructions on doing it and he outlined things and even put up some templates for folks.

I found the thread but none of the links to download the Photoshop PSD files work anymore. Back to square one...
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an old photo I did with photoscape for those that want to see the comparison. The photoshop template is a bit nicer, but this one is simple to use.

• Options
    How's this for a knock off, took me a few hours but what do you think?

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not bad, not bad at all... either of you. Bravo!

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all of spacemonkey's templates in a public dropbox folder. I shared it a while back.

Lance.