Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1975 topps cello case on ebay (not mini)

Did anyone else see this case hit ebay?

1975 cello case

obviously overpriced on a box by box basis, but I wonder how much that thing is worth? When was the last time a case like this was on the market? I know there are mini cases, but I don't know when the last time a case of full size came up.
Shayne A Sherman

Comments

• lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    You mean $651 a pack isnt a good deal?
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if they throw in their $60,000 1962 Topps Joe Torre card.....
    Daniel
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lseecon

You mean $651 a pack isnt a good deal?

LOL..

This case as sold via Collect Auctions a couple years back. I believe hammer price was about 66K.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    So this is a Fritsch case? Hopefully one of their better ones, as a lot of their graded 75 cello packs have tilted cards showing. Although some of the 10s they have are very nice packs.

Originally posted by: baz518

So this is a Fritsch case? Hopefully one of their better ones, as a lot of their graded 75 cello packs have tilted cards showing. Although some of the 10s they have are very nice packs.

It is from Fritsch.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    Has anyone seen any 1975 regular wax cases for sale recently? Was one auctioned off last year, or was that a cello? What about a 1975 rack case?
    Originally posted by: lseecon

Has anyone seen any 1975 regular wax cases for sale recently? Was one auctioned off last year, or was that a cello? What about a 1975 rack case?

Haven't seen a regular-sized 75 wax case, just minis from Conlon hoard. A 6-box 75 rack case sold at REA back in 2010 for 26K, which in retrospect was a huge bargain., though that preceded the unopened bull market. That case would probably go for 3x that amount today.

• 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    I was confused to see the price of that wax case listed for $260K when two cello boxes sold in HA this month for $3500 each.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a quarter mil, I think that seller is dreaming

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.