Home Testing Forum
Options

Test

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
My friend Mr. Cardinal inspired me to collect Libertas items and I've been trying to acquire pieces whenever I can. John Kraljivech came up for air in between Pogue IV and V and reached out to me with a couple pieces I couldn't say no too as I really don't have access to these any other way and I thought they looked cool. In a worst case scenario I will use them as coasters for beer bottles with concave bottoms. These have some awesome relief to them.

I actually picked these up from John Kraljevich yesterday in midst of all the Pogue chaos. As most of you know JK catalogued all of Pogue for SB so he had his hands full before, during and after the sale. The irony is that these two pieces sold for more then the 1804 Child's dollar and the 1822 $5 piece when I handed John a check image

Anytime intelligent sounding in the next new paragraphs I gleaned from JK.

Struck in 1976 in BRASS. Golden and shimmering . JK mentioned that he had never seen one aside from this example. Which means I haven't either. The edge is marked with the Paris Mint cornucopia, 1974, and an equally tiny "BP.FL," which means something, but I couldn't tell you what. Cardinal?

The bronze patina example also from the Paris Mint, struck from the nearly identical 1983 dies: the obverse exergue says 1783 3 Sept 1983 to mark the 200th anniversary of the Treaty of Versailles. This one actually came from the Dupre Archive: the family that inherited all of Augustin Dupre's effects tried to keep the collection up with the various modern manifestations of his work. A neat item.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments