Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A bit frustrated today with an issue

First off let me say that I often hear frustrations with PSA from time to time and it happens with me too, but when I think about it, they catch my errors on my submissions forms and they will contact me and those issues eventually get resolved. This issue today does not sit right to me though.

I have had the number one Frank Gotch set on the registry for four years now. A card was added to the composition by another collector and I submitted a card that would bring it up to 100% complete. I would once again earn the "badge" for having the best Frank Gotch set for the fifth straight year. Well, PSA made a mechanical error and did not label the card correctly and said that I need to ship the card back to them and they would fix it. Any correction to the label would not be until after the set registry awards took place, and I was plain out of luck. I was also told via email there is no extension for the set registry for any reason. This doesn't seem right to me. Anyways, rant over.
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    That is brutal and I wouldn't let it go.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you still have the number one set....?
  • Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Crime against humanity!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5

It needs to be 100% complete. It may not seem like a big deal to some but if I were to purge my collection, Frank Gotch items would be the last to go. Gotch and Dan Gable are my two favorite wrestlers of all time.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Just does not seem to be fair.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: wrestlingcardking

Originally posted by: MULLINS5

It needs to be 100% complete. It may not seem like a big deal to some but if I were to purge my collection, Frank Gotch items would be the last to go. Gotch and Dan Gable are my two favorite wrestlers of all time.

My apologies. I read your post as you losing your number one spot due to the mechanical error, which, in that case, I would be upset as well.
  • Options
    I could have been more clear, I have the number one set regardless but my set would not be recognized by PSA as an award winner due to their mechanical error.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    I could have been more clear, I have the number one set regardless but my set would not be recognized by PSA as an award winner due to their mechanical error.

An email straight to the top is in order. I've read on here before that he will at least give your matter his attention.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    It's an evolving process and I'm sure they will make this right. Just be calm, contact the powers that be and escalate as necessary. Congrats on your set!
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dennis07

An email straight to the top is in order. I've read on here before that he will at least give your matter his attention.

Yep, this!!!

I've done it and he does listen & care... definitely your best shot to get this wrong righted!

Good luck
  • Options
    I don't get too worked up about things but it does seem like this is wrong. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I feel like PSA has always been reasonable. I hope to continue to feel this way, lol.
  • Options
    I don't get too worked up about things but it does seem like this is wrong. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I feel like PSA has always been reasonable. I hope to continue to feel this way, lol.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand your frustration. How would you feel if you were #1 in a set with 867 cards completed(845 of those being PSA 10s) and not receive a badge? Only player sets with 1,000 cards or more are eligible to receive badges.
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is send them a picture of the card and see if they will change the spec number on your cert until you can get it reholdered. Just a thought.

Matt
  • Options
    Originally posted by: maddux69
    I understand your frustration. How would you feel if you were #1 in a set with 867 cards completed(845 of those being PSA 10s) and not receive a badge? Only player sets with 1,000 cards or more are eligible to receive badges.

That is insane with the amount of dedication you have and the lack of acknowledgement you receive. I will give you kudos.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would throw some chalk in their eyes and then go with a foreign object while the ref is not looking ??
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: KendallCat
    I would throw some chalk in their eyes and then go with a foreign object with the ref is not looking ??

^^^That
  • Options
    WillBBCWillBBC Posts: 56 ✭✭
    I understand why PSA will not make the change until it's corrected but feel they should make it was seamless as possible for you to make this correction, being as it's their fault. I'm surprised they didn't offer to send a pre-paid label or something and just take care of the re-flip/re-holder themselves. It would cost them 25 bucks and everybody would be happy.
  • Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    Rob, sorry for the submission.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    Originally posted by: KNAPP

I see no reason for you apologizing Greg. I am happy that you got that card in a slab.

• Options
    Originally posted by: KNAPP

I see no reason for you apologizing Greg. I am happy that you got that card in a slab.

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    What if Knapp removes the card from his registry until your situation is resolved? Would that not provide the same result as being able to get your corrected card into your set?
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if the spec is still part of the set it won't change the situation.

• Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Yea, I think if the set is smaller than 1000 cards then you need 100% to get the badge.

Matt
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: firstbase23
    Yea, I think if the set is smaller than 1000 cards then you need 100% to get the badge.

Matt

That is correct. My Butler sets are both well below 1000 but are at 100%, which means I am eligible for stinking badges.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TNP777

Matt

That is correct. My Butler sets are both well below 1000 but are at 100%, which means I am eligible for stinking badges.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: maddux69
    Originally posted by: TNP777

Matt

a hanging curve drilled into the cheap seats