Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Any success resubmitting a short card?

I would think that card size is black and white with no grey area. However...in reading the no grade definitions for N6 it leads me to believe that there is a small tolerance for factory short cards ("When a card is significantly undersized according to factory specifications")

The card in question (1964 Pete Rose) measures 2 31/64 x 3 1/2. First submission...this card received the dreaded N6. Is 1/64 of an inch within tolerance for grading?

Has anyone resubmitted a factory short card (N6)...and received a grade upon resubmitting?

I am contemplating giving the Rose a second chance....but would like to hear any successes. I feel that if it were a common...I would have a better chance of having the card graded. Yes or no?
mint_only_pls

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some graders are a bit more tolerant than others when it comes to minsize. There's no charge to try if it's part of a larger sub, so I'd resubmit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 447 ✭✭✭
    I just recently submitted a 66 Koufax that was deemed short and it received a PSA 7.

Matt
  • BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭
    Resubmit. I have had several successful re submissions after an N6.
  • Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Good question. Mr. October came back N6 on my last submission. I was wondering if I should give it another shot...

• LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Batpig
    Resubmit. I have had several successful re submissions after an N6.

Same here. I would try again.
    Matt

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    If at first you don't succeed, take advice from Littletweed.
  • mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx all! I will send it into PSA again.
    mint_only_pls
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    I resubmitted a '53 Bowman Preacher Roe and color Robin Roberts after they were rejected for MINSIZE. I felt they were off base.

Both came back PSA 7s.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!