Home Sports Talk
Options

I think at some point the NBA should be like Boxing.....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
You can throw in the towel and call the game over.

If this was a fight (Game 3 West Conf. Final) They would call it.

GSW is in BIG trouble!!

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never happen. Too many ads/commercials would never be broadcast. And it's the advertising $ that pays the freight. Ad revenue to the networks,network $ to the leagues-BB,Bskt,Football,Hockey. And also fans might demand a partial refund unless it's stipulated with the ticket price that they may not see a whole game. And how could the players fatten up their individual stats? And in sports we all know how important those are. However, it would be a great way to avoid injury and extra mileage to the players when a game is out of reach. I've often wondered how fans felt when their star player is left in an "out of reach" game and he gets injured. They pay to see their stars,but one would think for longevity sake they would not resent the "pulling" of their star player in an OOR game.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've often wondered how fans felt when their star player is left in an "out of reach" game and he gets injured.

that's mainly in Football where players come up hurt off of a play they aren't really involved in, sort of a carryover from the pounding they take. I would consider that more NFL players are injured in practice than the other sports combined just due to the nature of the sport. with Baseball and BB the out of reach thing really doesn't happen very often.