Home Sports Talk

For those who still playing who is a lock to make the HOF

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who is in as is?

Cabbie? Albert? Beltre?Who else?

Who is in with three or less-----more productive seasons? Yadier Molina types. Cano.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ichiro?
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BLUEJAYWAY

Ichiro?

And that's when the fight started image

mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if I would call him a lock, but sabathia has well over 200 wins.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    David Ortiz
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locks:

Ichiro, Pujols, Beltre, Ortiz, Cano, Molina(should be a lock due to defense alone)

Could probably think of more. I actually like Beltran for the hall. Very underrated center fielder and very good across the board in all categories.

Edited to Add more Locks: Miguel Cabrera, Kershaw, King Felix

List of guys who have a shot if the end of their careers go well:

Teixiera, Votto, Fielder, Mauer, Wright, Rollins, Adrian Gonzalez, McCann, Verlander, Greinke, Hamels, Price, Scherzer, Bumgarner, Papelbon, K Rod, Kimbrel, Chapman
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • mb2005mb2005 Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Miguel Cabrera for sure....
    Joe Mauer if he can hang on a few more years...
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mb2005
    Joe Mauer if he can hang on a few more years...

He's dropped off pretty badly! Started hot this year and he's down to .260 BA with little power.

On a good note he's on pace to walk over 100 times! Other than that he's looking like he is going to have career lows in all offensive categories. 25% of the year is already gone!

Six outstanding years as a catcher, now at first base...............he'll have to do more than hang on imo.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: orioles93
    Ichiro, pujols, beltre, Ortiz, cano, Molina

Could probably think of more. I actually like Beltran for the hall. Very underrated center fielder and very good across the board in all categories.

Beltran has 500 doubles 400 home runs and 300 stolen bases. Averages 100 runs and 100 RBI. Nice numbers!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    I just can't agree with ortiz. Being a PED user, I lump him in with bonds and the rest. It seems he gets a pass because he is popular with the media and fans.

Mauer has a decent chance: 3 batting titles, 3 Gold gloves, 1 MVP, led the lead in OBP twice, 6 time all-star.....but you're right, if he continues to decline rapidly it probably won't happen. His first decade wasn't nearly as good as Pujols (almost nobody's was)
  • Originally posted by: BLUEJAYWAY

Ichiro?

I don't see why not. Mariners should have his number retired
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pujols should be a gimme. Same with Yadi. I like Beltran, Kershaw, Ichiro as well. Big Sloppy shouldn't make it imo due to the ped thing.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
    I look at mauer like saberhagen. Great start, but fizzled out.

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locks: Pujols, Cabrera, Suzuki

Probables: Ortiz, Beltre

Possibles: Beltran

Those who are (or were) definitely on a HOF career path, but let's wait to see the rest of their career: Sabathia, Cano, Wainwright, Verlander, Kershaw, Feliz Hernandez, Greinke.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pleasantly surprised to see the support that Molina gets here for the HOF. He had a good, but unremarkable, offensive peak a few years back but for his career his hitting can charitably be described as "ordinary". So his entire HOF case rests on his defense, which is undeniably great. I think Pudge Rodriguez was probably better, and possibly Bench, but that's all I can think of, among modern era catchers anyway. There can never be too many Cardinals in the HOF, though, so I hope all of you who have mentioned him are right.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Jose Altuve is the Joe Morgan of the new millennium, minus the walks. If he keeps putting up the numbers that he has for the past five years, he's well on his way to Cooperstown.