Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

One for the record book - eBay story to share.

So, in November of 2013 I sold an item to a guy in Brazil for $120 and it was sent via Registered Mail. Tracking shows that its in Brazil and I don't hear from him again.... until....
yesterday when he emails me telling me that he noticed that I just sold and item just like the one I sold him. I explained to him that it's similar but not the same one and that his item was never returned to me and I guess he never received it. So we go back and forth with emails and this mornings email he asks me to file a claim with the Post Office! I told him that if I did, they will deny it because you must file within 1 year. I called eBay to let them know about the whole thing and I told the lady that I've got one for the record book. She tells me that she's pretty much heard them all, right? So I told her about all of this and the 2.5 years have past and she tells that it's the best one she's heard in a long time and it is one for the record book!

The streets of the world are safer because all the nut jobs are on eBay!
In 30+ years I have done nothing positive for the hobby because I'm lazy!

--------

Collector of paper money since 1985.

California & Nevada National Bank "Guru" per Peter Huntoon

ANA Intern 1990.

Former member Board of Governors of SPMC.

Life member SPMC 126

Life member ANA 4592

IBNS, FUN, CSNA, NASC, CSNS, etc

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's crazy!
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn! Well I can only assume it's also too late for this buyer to leave you a neg.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he spent the time in a jail...or a medically induced coma.
  • Options
    zika, a bad economy, an impeached president... and now this.... Brazil is a mess!