Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Roman treasure found Israel

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty amazing. One would hope that they publish this, or at least the coins, soon(ish).

Thanks for sharing the link.
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a comment printed; I think it was probably a balestinian ship from gaza that was sunk by the occupation navyimage

seriously cool!

Check out the sun god SOL - amazing!!
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ho hum, another day in Israel.

From UK Daily Mail:

Coins of Constantine and Licinius.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an amazing job to have to do - finding ancient shipwrecks and all the goodies on board. There are some Roman era wrecks found by Robert Ballard a couple of years ago in the Black Sea where the ships including the masts are still intact because of the depth of the water and the lack of sealife. Ballard's team has been very coy about revealing the location of the wrecks in fear that they may be looted.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Ugh, reading stuff like this reminds me of how NOT finding hoards of treasure on the sea floor is pretty lame.

Thanks for the share, Andres.