Might be a good time to get rid of my set....hmmmmm
Jim Fitzgerald

Comments

• Options
    daveudaveu Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JimFitz

Disney Dollars No Longer

Might be a good time to get rid of my set....hmmmmm

Wouldn't this make your set more valuable over time?

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Disney Dollars, does anyone know what happened to King Kellogg (Larry Emmard)? I think he stopped coming to the Baltimore shows about 3 or 4 years ago.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: delistamps
    Speaking of Disney Dollars, does anyone know what happened to King Kellogg (Larry Emmard)? I think he stopped coming to the Baltimore shows about 3 or 4 years ago.

He stopped going to ANY show. Really do wish someone knows something about where he is and if e is ok or not.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was at Disney World in 2011 they were a bit hard to find. There used to be Disney Stores near where I live but they all closed.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Larry Emard was discussed a number of years ago in a thread. As far as I know he's still in Oregon, but out of the currency business most likely forever. A number of people are still looking for him and not in a good way.
    So many notes to collect. So little time to do it.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunate. I recall buying some radar and repeater sets from him.
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Tootawl

Originally posted by: delistamps

He stopped going to ANY show. Really do wish someone knows something about where he is and if e is ok or not.

Must at least be ok enough to add to his sets... Noticed this notification in my registry.

New Rank: 13 Old Rank: 12

LarryEmard published set The Larry Emard Collection and went from rank 13 to rank 12.
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TigerTrader

Must at least be ok enough to add to his sets... Noticed this notification in my registry.

New Rank: 13 Old Rank: 12

LarryEmard published set The Larry Emard Collection and went from rank 13 to rank 12.

Unless I am mistaken, all that means is that someone has added to their set and surpassed King Kellogg's (Larry Emard) existing set.

My information is also that he is "off the radar" so to speak.

He does have one note I'd like to own, but he never seemed interested in selling. image

• Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    It would seem that the Disney Dollars could not have been a money losing proposition for the Disney Co. Many of these never get redeemed (kept as collectibles or keepsakes) and should at some point be taken off the balance sheet as a liability.
  • Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gnat

It would seem that the Disney Dollars could not have been a money losing proposition for the Disney Co. Many of these never get redeemed (kept as collectibles or keepsakes) and should at some point be taken off the balance sheet as a liability.

They might not be removable from the balance sheet, if they never expire, but they would be an illusory liability, which are indeed the best kind to have.

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gnat

How can it be a money loosing proposition if never redeemed? Someone pays for $100 in Disney Dollars and never redeems them, that's $100 pure profit for Disney.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.