Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

How do you price this Two Star with missing corner?

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
Or just list it and let the chips land where they may?

Comments

• Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    Free to me Smitters !!! image

Looking for Atlanta $1-$20 Series 1928-present + Stars , Raw or Graded !! &
    FR-1509 ,FR-1509*,FR-1510,FR-1510*,FR-1511*,FR-1512*,FR-1514*
    in PCGS 66 or 67PPQ**

EBAY ITEMS
    Check out - BrettEldredge.com !! Hometown Singer

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: GrimReaper

Free to me Smitters !!! image

I think the "Mule" musta kicked you in the head
  • Options
    goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    Repairing the corner shouldn't be too tough; you'll have to of course disclose the repair but that fix alone should enable you to get a much better sum. I'd venture you could get $55 to $75 for this Mule Star note...?
    "Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • Options
    mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    I personally down grade notes of this sort by one grade from what it would appear if there were no damage. In this case, say the note appears to be a VF (if the corner were intact). So I would list it as a fine and let it ride where it may. As a buyer, not collector, I would offer you $35 for it as is.
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    If I came across this in a coin shop I would want to pay no more than $25 for it. But that's just me. It is likely worth more.
  • Options
    I would not waste time to repair it. Mule star, book is $350 in vf. Start it at .99 for at least 7 days. I'll bet you get at least $30 maybe more if it sets off a peeing contest. Collectors understand the corners missing on these old 2's are "tradition" and find it more acceptable than on other denominations.
  • Options
    there's about $1.98 there I would say image
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Fairly easy repair. As is you should have no problem getting $50.
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    The book value of $350 in VF sounds way high to me. There was a time when this used to a be a fairly tough note to find but ever since the advent of ebay and the Internet it proved to be a lot more common that originally thought. Problem free VF's go for around $100-$150.