Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

New Numismatic Marketplace Opens

CoinMP (Coin Marketplace, LLC) - Now open to the public. Come join us in celebrating our Grand Opening. Open Collectors and Dealers in the United States and Canada.

Offering all new members $25.00 in site Credit, create your account today.

We are in need of Currency Dealers, Sign up today!

CoinMP : Numismatic Marketplace

Comments

• Options
    lettowlettow Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Who are the people behind this?
  • Options
    gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to look at the site without having to sign up and provide personal information. Guess won't be visiting.
  • Options
    BernyBerny Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gnat

It would be nice to look at the site without having to sign up and provide personal information. Guess won't be visiting.
    You don't need to sign up. Just click on the UL COIN name. However, there is almost nothing to look at.

Bernie
    Always looking for material from the Niagara river region.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get enough dealers (maybe 500-1000) and some traffic and sales and I'd consider joining. That's the hard part of this plan.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Thanks for replying guys. Answering a few questions and concerns here.

1. (Who are the people behind this?) My name is Eric Reynolds, I am the sole owner of the company. Coin Marketplace, LLC, however the site is ran by myself and a team of collectors and programmers. We've been building this site for quite some time and have only recently launched it to the public.

2. (Signing up) - You so not have to sign up to view the site, simply navigate away from the Register landing page.

3. More dealers - This is the catch 22 that is always the burden of a new site. No one wants to be the first one to list. We built this site from the ground up and unfortunately it just takes time to build an active marketplace. People have to be willing to take a chance on the mutually beneficial success of the site. The number of listings currently on the site are, well quite frankly few and far in between however keep in mind we have only been online for approximately 2 weeks. Come grow with us.

4. We WILL grow, we are currently offering free lifetime stores to select "power" sellers, the Marketplace should be populated with items within the next few months.

It takes patience and of course time to build something, the old saying holds true, "Rome wasn't built in a day". I appreciate all of the feedback and hope to see you on CoinMP soon. Take care.