Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Goddess Coin Incoming 5OZ SILVER (QTY 49)

NattyLiteCoinNattyLiteCoin Posts: 23

Bump. Still 8 left. The coins will be in hand at months end, let me know.

Hi all,

As this is my first post (and first coin design), I apologize if this is the wrong sub-forum.

*****Coins are coming, see pics at end of thread. Pricing to come soon!

I would like general feedback on the design and whether it holds weight. I'm a digital currency guy and am just starting to get into the physical coin hobby. The back will be hologrammed nicely with Bitcoin and Litecoin key's underneath. That notwithstanding, would you ever purchase this a piece like this? I hope to submit to the mint within a week's time.

Peace, NLC

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi. It's a nice design. I don't know how well it would translate to a small, three-dimensional format like a coin, but it's appealing enough.

2-oz. platinum? Yow- that'll be way outta MY league! 2+ oz. silver would be doable, though I don't know if it would be something I'd buy or not. Depends on the premium over spot, I guess.

I could certainly think of worse designs that are out there on modern bullion. And if you're talking 2-oz, I suppose you're talking about a rather larger-diameter medal, which would help get the design details across.

Great drawing, but it was rotated 90 degrees when I saw it through your link, so I had to turn my head sideways to look at it.

Let us know how it develops.

And feel free to discuss it on the main World & Ancient Coins forum, though of course you'll have to leave all commercial aspects out over there. This post is fine here.

~Rob Shinnick ("LordM")

PS- you might try the Precious Metals forum, too. Again, only the specific "Buy/Sell/Trade" forums are kosher for actual selling, but I personally don't think there's anything wrong with a general "feeler" thread like this on the discussion forums, since you're not specifically selling anything (yet). But maybe just stick to discussion of the design and manufacturing process and such, maybe, so nobody grumbles. (And fix the rotation on that picture! Maybe a flat scan, so there are no shadows or weird angles?)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll be getting the photoshops for the back and the front soon. Platinum is tough to mint, not many places do it and mints have bigger projects than mine to worry about. I'll use this thread to post updates on the design and associated pricing. I came here because folks that no nothing about Bitcoin loved the design and wanted to buy a bunch of silver examples. The platinum example will be the first of its kind (platinum storage of BTC and LTC). I look forward to sharing with you!
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there symbolism or meaning to the devices?

I'd much rather seem some original designs, as opposed to rehashed designs.

• Options
    Oh, and Liberty shouldn't make anyone want to say... "I'd hit it"
  • Options
    There's so much meaning to me in the devices, that I can't type on my phone. Liberty (Eleutheria) will be minted on the top center of the front of the coin. The women figure is actually suggestive of Eve. The balance of the two sides represents the juxtaposition of chaos and purity. There's a couple of personal effects such as the twins in the tree (I have twins) and the cherub looking for guidance (my partner just had a daughter) that I've tried to springle in. But in all, there's a journey that each of us take up a staircase to ultimately be at peace, free of bondage of self. I digress.

Here's the hologram concept that's being refined. http://imgur.com/kyi7oh6

The centered top will be .999 PL/silver the bottom centered will be "2016"

As soon as I get the contract with the mint, they'll be officially for sale. If the mods move this thread in the mean time, I'm perfectly cool with it. I look forward to sharing the progress with the community.
  • Options
    Im really sorry that this is a rehashed, unoriginal design.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: NattyLiteCoin
    Im really sorry that this is a rehashed, unoriginal design.

Not at all. Yours is nice and new. There,s some other folks around doing replicas of previous mint issues and pushing out auto-CAD looking stuff.

I'd say good luck and keep at it!
  • Options
    Sorry for misreading your post. My partner, artist and myself are committed to offering a remarkable product. And as I've learned thus far, minting a coin ain't easy!

Planning on 47mm.

• Options
    Maturing the hologram. Going with antique finish.

http://imgur.com/a/H9PEI
  • Options
    The front is almost done

[img=http://imgur.com/a/qCI4K]working on circumference[/img]
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting design. I'd consider buying a 2 oz silver if the premium wasn't too steep.

Good luck image
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, the hologram is complete. http://imgur.com/a/zFLog

The silver will be more like 2.5oz. I hope to get pricing out this week!
  • Options
    Bumper. The Front has been submitted to the mint.

http://imgur.com/rluVIGt

We did some trades and the detail shall be preserved on a 47mm example.

• Options
    Initial projections suggests $300 for a 2.5oz 47mm silver. I will refine cost as I enter into contracts. But it's about $9000 for me to do a fifty coin run, less the metal. There will be 5 2oz platinums and three of them are accounted for. The first serialized will come with the original, colorized, and framed artwork. You can hang this girl on your wall for sure. It will go to online auction. The last will go on a first come, first serve basis. All reasonable offers will be executed. There will be 45 silvers minted and a dozen are accounted for to date. I know the mark above spot is a little outrageous, but I'm just trying to create something beautiful with my team and break even. Here are my costs:

$4250 for mold and die (front)

$500 for back etching

$200 for packaging, grading and CoA

$200 for custom BTC/LTC addresse generation

$200 for hologram design

$500 for hologram production

$3000 for etching of BTC/LTC keys and hologram application on a 39mm space

This will be a diverse and beautiful piece that will include exceptional art, precious metal, and be capable of storing two digital currencies.

The northwest territorial mint got the job.
  • Options
    Vector files submitted to the mint. 5oz Silver 2.5". Sculpt to commence 15 August, the first two will be struck by the end of the month, limited run thereafter. Had to switch up the mint. Went with design B. What do you think?

http://m.imgur.com/7H8bpJk

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Couple thoughts:

1) the drawing you show doesn't appear to be circular but more elliptical, is the mint going to redraw it? curious why you didn't submit a round image?

2) in my experience as a consumer non-artist, it feels like depth is difficult to portray on coins because there is a limited degree of "shading" available. I noticed your final design submission has much darker regions than before. Not sure if that's because you moved from pencil to ink, or if the mint requested it, but I am weary that your design will translate well on 2D silver. Proof fields and reverse proof technique is your best bet, but even still, the staircase disappearing in the background etc. may not translate.

Best of luck to you on this artistic endeavor. No idea how Bitcoin works or how one can "store" their Bitcoin value in a precious metal which fluctuates with the marketplace but ... good luck!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Correct. The image is a non perfect ellipse, that will be contained in a wooden octogon. The graphic design and vector design is a perfect circle. The front of the coin will be 3D, not 2D. The back will be a 2D hologram with basic boarders.
  • Options
    Oh with Bitcoin/Litecoin, I'll be engraving addresses (bank account numbers) on the peripheral of the back. So if you ever bought either of the two tokens you can deposit them into that address, and by virtue the coin itself. The hologram hides your private key (pin character stream). So if you were to redeem, you'd have to remove the hologram, access a computer, and extract the tokens.
  • Options

Oh with Bitcoin/Litecoin, I'll be engraving addresses (bank account numbers) on the peripheral of the back. So if you ever bought either of the two tokens you can deposit them into that address, and by virtue the coin itself. The hologram hides your private key (pin character stream). So if you were to redeem, you'd have to remove the hologram, access a computer, and extract the tokens.

Now THAT is a very intriguing concept. Thank you for the explanation! Sort of like a DEBT bank card, except this looks like a coin, and you can't swipe it or use it for purchases. But like the bank card, it carries your account info (hologram replaces chip / magnetic stripe). Great idea.

I wonder how well it will catch on. I like it, but I also like coins. Many folks have rejected the idea of $1 and $2 coins because they prefer paper money (and plastic) over coins in their pockets. I imagine this would be more of a storage thing, rather than a pocket piece. Like using a USB to backup important files and locking it away in the SDB. Bonus, it looks pretty image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

... The front of the coin will be 3D, not 2D. ...

If you get a picture of the mint's clay or cast model sculpture of the 3D image (if they make one) it would be cool to see!

I wasn't thinking 3D because even though technically most coins do have varying surface levels, in my opinion they are such small variances they essentially feel 2D. But you are right of course, it is a 3D surface. Medals tend to be much more three dimensional, much more depth. I am interested to see how much depth / height the mint can give you on the design features.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Hi all, this coin is almost ready for prime time. Click below for pics and timeline

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What have you decided on price per coin?
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    Hi there, I'm running the final numbers tonight. My partner jumped the gun a little bit, I don't know if we can stay afloat at $150, it'll be closer to $200. I may be able to make concessions if you don't care about the key engraving, but my point was to get folks not familiar with crypto so exposure. I'll let you know the final pricing soon.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty cool looking. Did the thread get edited a bit? I'm not sure I'm getting the bitcoin/litecoin reference (I know what bitcoin is, but I'm not sure the relationship to this piece). Of course, I'm old so that may be the problem. I also don't use any bitcoin...yet. Anyway, what is the backstory on this? It's really intriguing to look at.

• Options
    Sure thing.

If you look closely at the first picture, in the gold coin you'll see a a string of characters. "1nasty....." this is your "public address". Concealed under the hologram is the "private key" associated with that address. A unique address/key will be engraved on the back of my silver coin.

So if you were inclined to buy a Bitcoin say at coinbase.com, you merely link your bank account (or credit card) and purchase one (currently $610). Then you would simply send a Bitcoin, through the website, to the address on the coin. Now the silver coin is securing 1BTC and the value of the coin is represented in silver, art, and digital currency.

If you ever wanted to redeem your BTC, you reveal the private key, and import it using at BTC client. From there you can sell it for cash, send some to a friend, or buy goods. The same goes with LItecoin, so the coin can store two digital currencies.

Frankly, I would just load it here and there with what you wish to spend on BTC and out it in a safe place.

As for the art piece, here's the 24" picture the design was conceived from. It will go to auction with the first coin.

https://imgur.com/a/qUw65

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! I'll have to admit I prefer how it looks in coin-form to just the drawings, which is inverted to how it usually works out. This is really quite aesthetic and impressive. Well done!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options

I tried to capture the depth of the face here. Also, it's a reeded edge that is broken to show the weight, purity, and serial number. Only 51 of them will be minted.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Any updates NLC?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    Yes. The first two coins are going to auction in the next week or two, were still finalizing the art. One will be integrated with the original drawing and custom framed, the other will be seated in something that will be amazing. Both pieces of art will be "one of a kind". The first will be SN 00, the last will be SN 50. After the the first two sales, the remaining 49 coins will be a available for shipment within 5 weeks (it could be less). Unfortunately, 250 oz of silver is considered a "small purchase".

I'll provide crosslinks to the other forum. I would prefer to do business there for the buyer's peace of mind, as they have an escrow service ensuring a smooth exchange.

Peace!
  • Options

Hi there, better late than never, these are on sale if anyone is still interested. See here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1714608.0

Please feel free to ask any questions!

• Options
    NattyLiteCoinNattyLiteCoin Posts: 23
    edited January 13, 2017 6:46AM

Bump. Still 8 left. The coins will be in hand at months end, let me know.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't feel like reading this entire thread. Let you know what?

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

I think it came out beautifully and I extending the last remaining to collectors if they're interested. So let me know if you'd like to purchase one.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the price delivered on this?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

With the keys engraved it will be $250 (+ shipping).