Home Sports Talk

How About those Cubs??

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
I suspect I have written this here more than once- growing up I always that the Cubs had a better shot at making a World Series appearance before Northwestern made a return appearance to the RoseBowl. Well, I was wrong but at least NU made an appearance while Otto Graham was alive. NU won the 1949 RoseBowl and made a return appearance- I think it was 1996 or 97 against USC and lost. The Cubs lost the 1945 series to the Tigers. 1984 seemed to be the year and it would have even featured a rematch against the Tigers. And it didn't happen. And sometimes it just seems that it is never going to happen.

But 2016 could be different- but will it be different? Is this the year?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we please have Ben Zobrist back?
    The Royals are stagnant, they need a spark like they got from Zobrist last year.
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their roster is great and those top two pitchers are really tough. This may be their year

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cubs will break your heart just like always. The ole man and the goat curse WILL last forever!
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And keep the black cats off the field. Remember the black cat incident at Shea Stadium in 1969 with the Cubs playing the Mets?
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cubs will disappoint yet again
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hurts me to say this as a Card fan but barring catastrophic injuries I think they'll walk away with the division... I say they make the show. Do they win? We'll see.

Edit to add- Zobrist is a local area guy from about 20 miles away. Good get for CHC. I wish he was a Redbird.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012