%DCAM: 78%
Completion: 94%
Current Rating: 3
Set Rating: 52.46

Same set after adding some new coins:
Percent Complete: 95.92%
%DC: 82.98%
Grade: 69

How do I figure out the set rating. I need to know if given I have a coin in a PR69CAM or a PR68DCAM, what coin should I register??? I just keep putting them in and hope the number gets higher. Come on GURUS, what's the formula???

Thanks
Marty
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    It depends on the set and the coin. You have to look at the bonus given for CAM and DCAM (it can differ a lot). What you do is you add the CAM or DCAM bonus to the grade to see which is better. So if:

you have a coin with a CAM bonus of 1 and a DCAM of 3 then a PR68DCAM would give you (68+3)*weight and the PR69CAM would give you (69+1)*weight, so the DCAM is better

you have a coin with a CAM bonus of 1 and a DCAM of 2 then a PR68DCAM would give you (68+2)*weight and the PR69CAM would give you (69+1)*weight so they are the same

you have a coin with a CAM bonus of 0 and a DCAM of 0 then a PR68DCAM would give you (68+0)*weight and the PR69CAM would give you (69+0)*weight so CAM is better

PM me if you have still have questions

-SOG

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    SOG- Well done explination , even I understood it. Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    If you're talking about your Lincoln Proof set, here's the way it works.

1978-2002, there are no bonus's so add the higher grade until they fix this oversight
    1968-1979, the DCAM because the DCAMs are worth 2 more grade points
    1954-1964, take your pick as the DCAM is worth 1 more grade point than the CAM
    1950-1952, the DCAM because the DCAMs are worth at least 2 more grade points

perfectstrike
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I understand, now if I can only find a 1950 Proof Lincoln in a PR67DCAM I'd be set...

Thanks for all the help
    Marty
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    ttt.
    Charles Crews ** CU Members that I have had Buy/sell deals with alohagary,dabigkahuna,goldman86,fivecents,endzone,clackamas,ericj96,Bochiman,Wingsrule,adriana,claychaser,holeinone1972,itsnotjustme,MJcoin,Kishul,jsego,TWQG,carlwolfort,jmski52,steelielee,grote15
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Good luck on finding that 1950, Marty.image You also better have a big wallet.image

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.